CHAPTER 015 【REVISED】

THE TEAM GATHERED once again in the Karasuno Volleyball Gym, this time, to receive the feedback and appraisal provided by their coach Ukai and Takeda their sensei.

"You all played exceptionally well against the formidable team of Nekoma High School," Takeda remarked solemnly, expressing his admiration and appreciation for their performances throughout the course of the match.

The coach swiftly transitioned from his praise to a more straightforward presentation of the upcoming preliminaries.

"The inter-high preliminaries begin next month on June 2nd," he stated, emphasizing the importance of the upcoming tournament.

"In a total of approximately sixty teams per prefecture, just a single one can qualify for the national competition. With one defeat, the journey comes to a halt. In order to face Nekoma again, you must achieve first place in Miyagi Prefecture to be near enough to make the national tournament."

He continued to explain that out of the roughly sixty schools that would be present, only one would have the opportunity to participate in the national tournament. In other words, failure to win even a single match would lead to disqualification from the competition.

The small meeting had concluded, yet Tanaka and Nishinoya remained to study the volleyball newspaper. Walter joined them, as did a few others who had also come over.

"Woo!" Hinata shouted out, drawn in quite suddenly by the photos in the paper.

Walter curiosity was shared by the rest of the group, who also expressed their admiration for the images. With several players huddled close to get a good view of them, the group remained engrossed in the pictures. The photos they were examining depicted the results from the regional championships.

The group's excitement about the images soon died down, giving way to a more casual conversation. They began discussing the featured news, in particular, the mention of Shiratorizawa.

"Shiratorizawa Ushijima, amongst the vast number of high school players in the entire nation, is most definitely considered as one of the three most prominent."

Tanaka was the first to speak up, making a playful jab towards Kageyama, who had initially attempted to gain admission into the prestigious school.

"Shiratorizawa! That's where Kageyama couldn't get in." Hinata chimed in, to which Kageyama responded with a quick outburst of anger.

Kageyama's response sparked a lighthearted moment of amusement, as Tsukishima and Yamaguchi joined in with a few laughs of their own.

"Oh? Who is this Ushikawa?"

Upon hearing the name "Ushijima" for the first time, Hinata displays a look of surprise and confusion, with the question mark on his face indicating this reaction.

"That's because he's only a fan of the Little Giant."

There is an element of intrigue surrounding Sugawara, as it is evident that he lacks familiarity with Ushijima, while Hinata, who has previously only been a fan of "The Little Giant."

"You aren't familiar with Ushijima?

Tanaka inquiry of "You don't know?" adds to this sense of intrigue, suggesting that Ushiwaka is a well-known figure.

"Allow me to provide you Hinata with information regarding Ushijima Wakatoshi. He is undoubtedly the prefecture's number one ace."

At the sight of this player, Daichi and Hinata's observation confirms his reputation as an ace, noting the commanding presence he exudes.

"Hmm. Undoubtedly, he carries the appearance and aura of a true and genuine ace."

The Hinata and Daichi turn to look in the direction of Walter and Asahi on the sidelines. There, they can see Walter and Asahi.