CHAPTER 047

"WHAT JUST HAPPENED?" Someone whispered in the otherwise quiet audience.

"Ushijima's attack was stopped by that Karasuno No. 13!" Another voice called from within the crowd.

"I didn't see the situation on the field clearly," someone shouted.

"Didn't he jump to the right? Karasuno is also buckled to the right!" someone else exclaimed excitedly. "What a play!" The chatter grew louder.

"But why did his Block and Ushijima's spike appear on the left at the same time?" someone in the crowd inquired. "I didn't see it either!" A second voice shouted.

Most people don't see the intense game between Walter and Ushijima that just happened. Because of the speed as they switch up, their attacks and defenses are incredibly fast.

A lot is happening in just a few seconds. From the exact moment when Ushijima shifted the direction of his spike to Walter instant blockade, the gap...

The whole thing happened almost simultaneously. Daisuke Kunimura was surprised. "Did you just see their movements?" he asked.

Just after finishing his cup of water, Ushijima, spike had already been blocked. Daisuke almost choked on his drink.

"I didn't see it very clearly, but I can guess a rough idea," he said. As an experienced subattacker, he knows the value of a good blocker.

"Just now, Walter ran made several judgments, completely holding Ushijima offensive offense," Arata Mitsuda noted with a bitter smile.

"In the past, all the blocks were touched balls, but this time it was a straight ball, This gap itself will make the block feel a little wary!" Arata Mitsuda noted. He would be eager to find out why Karasuno made such a decision.

"Finally... when he saw Walter oblique jump, Ushijima discovered the root cause of the matter," Arata Mitsuda said, touching his chin with a look of contemplation.

"Unknown threats are the most terrifying," Arata Mitsuda stated. Even a weakness that has been exposed can make people let their guard down.

"Ushijima discovered the source of the threat that Walter gave him, and he also found a solution in an instant!" Arata Mitsuda exclaimed.

"So, at this moment, Ushijima vigilance is low. When vigilance is reduced, there is also a relaxation of thinking," Arata Mitsuda said, noting how Ushijima unconsciously rushed towards the only scoring point in sight, his focus narrowed on the ball.

"Walter had already laid a heavy block there. He's just waiting for him to get in." Arata Mitsuda exclaimed, shivering with anticipation.

"Then, as he tightened the block," Daisuke Kunimura agreed, sweating as he imagined the mental battle taking place on the court.

"This was intense confrontation here between Karasuno and Shiratorizawa." Arata Mitsuda said to himself, realizing there was not only a physical battle happening on the court but also a mental one.

Daisuke Kunimura covered his chest with a look of fear as he contemplated the thought of playing against Ushijima and Walter.

"Two of them are strong attacker... If I go to play with them, I must have been delusional." Kunimura said with a look of concern on his face.

"That's right! A rectum like Daisuke must have been broken in the head! Ha ha!" someone remarked, causing others to laugh.

______。・゚・(ノ∀')・゚・。______

AS THE ROLLED DOWN to the back row, Ushijima looked on with some shock. Not only was he surprised, but all of Shiratorizawa's players and fans were taken back as well.

The unbelievable play had just taken place before their eyes, and they were all left dazed and confused, still trying to process the sudden turn of events.

From the beginning of the game Ushijima spike had been unstoppable, except for the one time he deliberately spiked the ball into his opponent's arm.

Then, shockingly, this time, his spike was stopped-just like that could this mean. The Shiratorizawa players didn't dare to think about it any longer.

"Wakatoshi-kun...I" Semi Eita tried to speak but was interrupted by Ushijima's voice.

"It's my fault," Ushijima said, taking full responsibility for his actions. "It has nothing to do with anyone. Itt's my own fault."

Now, he had also returned to the game.
Everything that Walter had just done was so purposeful in hindsight. As if he was guiding him, step by step, into a trap he would be powerless to avoid.

"He already knows where I would hit?" Ushijima thought to himself, shocked by Walter foresight.

Not only had Walter predicted the spot for Ushijima's attack when he first faced the block, but he could also anticipate the reaction when he encountered a sudden accident.

Walter had penetrated Ushijima's psychology completely. On the other side of the net, Ushijima gave Walter a thorough appraisal of his skills.

Ushijima turned around and walked back to his team, his coach, Washijo Tanji, watching him closely.

He clenched his fists tightly, feeling anxious about the situation. He couldn't believe it. Could Walter really do that just now? Or was the block just now just a coincidence?

The coach Washijo Tanji was not willing to think any further about the situation, and it seemed like the end of the Karasuno game in this second set was actually taking a little longer than he had expected. But now, Shiratorizawa had no choice but to fight hard and earn every single point.

Karasuno scored once again and continued to serve with a determined look on their face.

Ushijima eyes remained focused and sharp, watching the movement of the three blockers in front of him. He already knows what he will do next.

"Avoid the blocker and Score!" Ushijima thought to himself, This is what Ace does. The role of the ace is to be the irreplaceable weapon that turns the tides of the game. If a player is unable to score, they cannot be considered a true ace.

Ushijima had made a mistake once before, and he refused to allow himself to slip up again. His self-confidence had blinded him, but now he had learned from his mistakes.

After watching the opponent's serve get, Semi Eita became extra vigilant and began observing the opponent's every move.

Asahi and Tanaka were keeping a close watch on Ushijima, as if they were ready to block any attack he might send their way.

It seemed that Walter was paying attention to the movement of the other attackers in the front row, as if he were preparing to stop them.

Semi Eita was well-aware that as long as he passed the ball to Wakatoshi, the latter would definitely arrive on time and take part in the spiking.

"No way!" Semi Eita thought to himself, clenching his teeth as he opted to share the ball with others instead, knowing there was still a good chance it would be denied.

"Walter of Karasuno, achievement of air warfare is truly phenomenal!" he proved himself to be a force to be reckoned with.

"One man can handle several opponents, even if he can't make a direct stop to the spike, but there's a high chance he can touch the ball," Semi Eita thought to himself.

"We can't turn this ball into a chance ball for Karasuno!" Semi Eita and the other members of the Shiratorizawa team did not want to see this scenario happen.

"Even if you pass the ball to the other side, Wakatoshi still has a good chance of scoring!" Semi Eita thought to himself, knowing that their ace had made a mistake in the previous game.

"Just because our ace made an error last time, it doesn't mean we can't give him now."

Semi Eita took advantage of the opportunity and jumped the ball with a quick move, sending it spinning slightly towards Wakatoshi.

Walter, on the other side of the net, reacted quickly and moved in front of Ushijima in preparation to block him as well.

TO BE CONTINUED...