CHAPTER 033

KENJIRO SHIRABU WILL GIVE the ball a controlled but confident toss, his stance exuding a sense of competence. As he watched the audience soar through the air, he realized that this was a crucial moment in the game.

The battle for momentum had reached its apex, and whoever emerged victorious would have a significant advantage in the next match.

Shirabu was determined to give his team the best chance of success, and he knew that the key to victory lay in the hands of his team's absolute aces.

With that in mind, he made a quick decision - he would give the ball to the player with the sharpest spear, the player who could ruthlessly pierce through the opponent's defense and bring them to their knees.

As Shirabu surveyed the court, he saw that the straight ball road had already been blocked by the opposing team. He knew that he had to make a quick adjustment to his plan, and he made eye contact with Walter and the three, who read his intentions intuitively.

With a nod of agreement, the four players sealed off the straight ball road completely, leaving no room for their opponents to break through.

Shirabu felt a sense of satisfaction wash over him - his team was working in perfect harmony, and they were ready to take on whatever challenge lay ahead.

Kenjiro Shirabu observed Ushijima starting direction with a critical eye, noting that Walter and his three teammates had chosen to seal the straight ball road. Knowing that this would likely lead to a clash in the early stages of the game, the players' attentions quickly turned to their opponent's next move.

As the time for the ball slam approached, Ushijima made a clever move, avoiding the three-man net and executing a swift slash ball.

This caught Walter off guard, but he remained unfazed. For him, this was all part of his strategy.

With an expert mind for the game and years of experience under his belt, Walter was always one step ahead of his opponents. For him, every move on the court, every strategy and action, was all part of a bigger picture.

He knew that to win the game, he had to take calculated risks, making bold plays that were sometimes unexpected but always in service of securing victory.

With this calculated mindset, Walter remained focused and determined, ready to seize control of the game, no matter what challenges lay ahead. So, when Ushijima made a clever moved, which made caught him by surprise, he was ready to respond quickly and effectively, ensuring that his team maintained their momentum and came out on top.

In the early stage of the game, the key to shutting down the Ushijima attack is to seal off one of his ball paths effectively. This would allow the back row defense to focus their attention on him, making it more challenging for him to escape from the block.

That's why Walter decided to wait for a while before fully committing to the defensive strategy. He wanted his team to become familiar with the Ushijima attack so they could be better equipped to handle it.

As the game progressed, the tension in the air grew thicker, as both teams began to exchange blows.

BANG!

But then, out of nowhere, a loud crash suddenly echoed through the arena. It was a loud, ear-piercing sound, unlike anything that had been heard so far in the match. It was a sound that left everyone in the room feeling shocked and confused.

It turned out that what everyone had heard was not the sound of the ball colliding with the floor but something else entirely. It was a sound that seemed to shake the very foundations of the arena, leaving everyone wondering what had just happened.

The game immediately came to an abrupt halt as players and spectators alike looked around, trying to make sense of what had just occurred.

The tension and confusion in the arena were palpable, as everyone tried to figure out what had just happened and what it meant for the game.

It was a moment that would forever be etched in the collective memory of everyone who witnessed it, and one that would forever change the course of the game.

The noise of the ball striking the floor echoed throughout the volleyball court as Nishinoya, a skilled Libero from Karasuno, lunged to intercept the powered ball that Ushijima's had just spiked.

Despite the force of the impact that sent him flying backward, Nishinoya managed to recover and scoop up the ball just before it hit the ground.

Walter noticed that Nishinoya had picked up the ball and quickly retreated to prepare for the next set.

"Nice save," he commented, gesturing towards Nishinoya impressive save.

Nishinoya responded with a nod, his focus now on the ball that he had received

"Nice," he replied, recognizing Walter ability to get into a good position on the court.

As the ball was sent back into play, Walter prepared to spike it back he readied himself for the next move.

The two players were evenly matched, with both of them showing impressive skill and strategic thinking, making the match exciting to watch.

Walter, who had just retreated back and ready to spike, quickly reacted to the oncoming ball, his eyes fixed on the trajectory of the spiked volleyball.

He stepped forward to meet the pass, moving with the speed and agility.

The wild power that had constantly been condensing between runs was finally unleashed, turning into an explosive upward impulse that lifted him off the ground and sent him into the air.

In one swift motion, he jumped up and spiked the ball back towards the opposing team, his arm swinging through the air with a powerful force that sent the ball soaring across the net.

BANG!!

As the ball reached the apex of its arc, Walter arrived with a mighty smash that shattered the three players in the front row of Shiratorizawa.

The net was left in tatters, dangling uselessly as the ball sailed through the air. The referees blew their whistles to signal a point, but all eyes were focused on the remarkable play that had just occurred.

"Ahhhh!" The spectators cheered as the play was shown on the big screen. They couldn't believe their eyes, as it seemed that the ball had somehow slipped through the net. But upon closer inspection, it was revealed that a small part of the ball had actually gone through the net, just barely grazing the edge.

Despite this surprising turn of events, the scoreboard still showed a point for Karasuno, the team that had scored consecutively. But even as the game went on, the audience couldn't help but wonder what would have happened if the ball had been just a little bit wider. It was a moment that would go down in volleyball history, a breathtaking display of athletic prowess and skill that would be remembered for years to come.

TO BE CONTINUED...