CHAPTER 031

THE SOUND OF THE WHISTLE signaled  The start of another serve. Shiratorizawa's deputy attacker, Taichi Kawanishi, took a step forward and sent the serve.

As the ball sailed towards Nishinoya with erratic movements, he focused his full attention on the ball.

With a quick reaction, Nishinoya received the serve and passed it quickly to Kageyama
who was in a position of readiness.

Then, with lightning reflexes, he jumped up high in the air and launched a sharp jumping pass.

The anticipation in the air was palpable as Walter took his swing, sending the ball flying high into the air towards him.

The eyes widened as audiences and commentators alike waited to see how the player would choose to deduct his point.

With his previous powerful spike still fresh in everyone's minds, it was clear that Walter was capable of a player with impressive strength.

Would he avoid the blockers, a more common choice, or make the same decision as Ushijima, whose slam had huge success earlier?

A sense of excitement built in the audience as they watched the ball reach its apex and begin to descend, hoping to see Walter skills on full display.

The anticipation only grew as Walter made his move, choosing to spike the ball, this time with even more power than before.

The ball flew straight into shitorizawa court, ending the rally with a powerful shot that left everyone in awe. While the spike had a huge success to find its target, the match continued on, and with every passing point, the tension and excitement in the room reached new heights.

He steps up and jumps

A piercing voice echoed through the stadium, breaking the tension in the air.

Three people in the front row jumped simultaneously, creating a sudden ripple of movement through the crowd.

As the spectators held their breath, awaiting their turn, the tension grew greater.

At that moment of great anticipation, Walter stepped forward, his stance ready to face the challenge.

The one audience, who was watching from the stands, shook his head and said.

"Karasuno has given us a lesson from the past, and you still do it!"

"If I come..."

In one swift movement, Walter swung his arm and slammed the ball with all his might.

BANG!

The sound of the ball hitting the target was loud and clear, resounding throughout the stadium.

It was at this moment that everyone knew the ball had landed squarely in the center of their hearts.

As the audience cheered and gasped in amazement, Walter stood victorious, having achieved what many had failed to do before him.

It is this sense of accomplishment and pride that makes moments like this so special and memorable for those who witness them.

Walter chose to face the blockers, much like Ushijima. Unlike him, however, Walter was able to find a weakness in Shiratorizawa's defensive line. With all his strength, he launched the ball and broke through their block, sending it flying toward the back of the court.

The ball did not lose its momentum, bouncing high into the air like a cannonball. It shattered the back wall of the gym, sending broken glass flying in all directions.

The coach sat up abruptly, his fists clenched and his lips trembling with turmoil. His face contorted with frustration, rage, and disbelief at the sheer power that Walter had displayed. His assistants, Saito Akira, stood by him, seeming equally affected by what they had just witnessed.

Walter proved himself to be a powerful player that day, despite his short stature, and his teammates' reactions showed how much of an impact he had on the game.

Walter unwavering determination to face the enemy team's best player, despite the odds, showed a true love of the game and a willingness to put his all into it.

In the audience, Arata Mitsuda turned to Daisuke Kunimura and asked,

"What do you think will happen if we face those terrifying waves?" Hirashi Dai also looked on, smirking as he watched his teammates trying to answer the question.

Daisuke Kunimura's face was flushed, and he struggled to come up with a response.

"If you face them head-on, you'll be fine," Arata Mitsuda urged.

"Courage is what player do. Don't let the fear control you. If you follow his example, you'll make it through."

Daisuke Kunimura finally gathered the courage to answer.

"I... I'll be like him," he resolved. "My resolve to face the challenge will get me through."

As he spoke, the other players couldn't help but smile and laugh at Daisuke declaration. They all knew that he had the potential to be great, but they also knew that it would take a lot of hard work and dedication. Still, they admired his determination to step up and be the leader they needed.

Despite the initial fear they felt, the players were finally ready to face the waves head-on, knowing that as long as they had each other and the courage to face the challenge, they could overcome anything that came their way.

TO BE CONTINUED...