Twenty Three (part 2)

After they had lunch together, Stefan cleared the plates and washed everything, Irene was only allowed to sit and watch Stefan wash the dishes. Stefan could feel Irene's gaze on him. After he finished washing his and Irene's plates, he took the soda drink that was always in the refrigerator, "Can you drink this?" Stefan asked, then Irene answered, "That's fine, thank you." Stefan took a can of beer for himself. They were still sitting in the dining chairs drinking their drinks, the atmosphere became quieter and a little awkward between the two of them. Irene then opened their conversation "what about Thailand, it seems like Thailand has changed your appearance, huh?" while the girl's hand touched her chin, which made Stefan chuckle and Irene did it too, "do you like it?" With a little smirk on his lips, Stefan saw Irene's stunned face for a second, "I–I, well you look more mature, yeah" she quickly sips her soda and smile at him. "By the way Williams, you already got the freedom from the paparazzi, I wish I got mine either" Irene looking at Stefan, "yeah, because of that accident, even my mother put a restriction order on the paparazzi here so double restriction. I know your life since the day you become an actor is all for the media, you don't have any privacy anymore and that's sucks" Stefan could only grin at Irene's words while sipping his beer,

"you're right, that's sucks but that's also my life, even some of girl just want my fame to make them famous and one of them are the top model"

"Top model? you mean your latest ex, Jessica?"

Stefan immediately looked at Irene, "yeah, she's one of them and always drag my name for the fame, and almost ruined my life and my career"

"how cruel she is, I never knew about that"

"now you know, that's why I'm still afraid to get close to a girl or have any relationship with someone" Stefan subconsciously said that,

"That's because of her and the paparazzi?"

Stefan nodding and sips his beer while looking at the table.

"I thought that after being with her, I could settle down with her and continue the relationship in a more serious direction. It turns out that this woman only took advantage of my fame and chose an old fart with more wealth and money than me." Stefan is so open about it with this girl and he just laugh while remembering his stupidity, he continue

"After that I just worked, worked and kept working, even Chris had closed all the casting opportunities that I should have gotten just because I no longer thought about myself." while sipping his beer again, even though he didn't drunk, he wanted someone to listen to his deepest heart besides his mother. Stefan didn't hear anything from Irene's mouth, only the sound of the clock ticking and the wind hitting the window glass of his apartment. Stefan looked directly at Irene who was looking at him "trust me, I'm not drunk at all, this is like ordinary mineral water" Irene spoke "I don't think this is your fault, but you are a good person, it's just that some people take advantage of that" Stefan smiled at the words of the girl in front of him, "It's sad but everything changed when I moved into this apartment." Stefan finished his beer and crushed the can. 

"After moving into this apartment, my life has gotten better even though that bastard still uses my name." Stefan could see a sincere smile from the girl in front of him then the girl answered, "Maybe the people around here make you happier and the food around here is very delicious" Stefan immediately said, "your cooking is also very delicious Williams, I hope to be able to eat other dishes too" Stefan saw Irene finish her soda and crush the can then he grinned at Irene. "Did I see Williams feeling embarrassed by what I said?" Stefan teased Irene like he was teasing that girl and he laughing at her "oh Williams, I meant it, your cooking skill is a great one" then Irene said, "Is this your true nature Stefan or are you really drunk from just that one can of beer?" Stefan thought and asked Irene "Am I too stiff when I'm with you?" Irene nodded very enthusiastically, "Yes, that's right, I'm also your fan and I know your true self, but when you with me, you really close yourself off so I'm confused about which one is the real Stefan." Stefan scratched the back of his neck like it was itchy but it wasn't and he laughed nervously "maybe I'm too scared to get to know new people" Irene seemed to bring her face closer to Stefan, only the table separated them, "even other people think we're dating just because I came to the premiere "Stefan just grinned "There's some truth in what you said, even the photo is still up on the internet" Irene folded her arms across her chest "right? Even my family thinks I'm dating this talented actor." Stefan raised his eyebrows "Talented? Me? Thank you for the compliment, but with your beautiful face and personality, you could find a man who is more talented than the man in front of you right now." Stefan didn't realize that his words made Irene's face change as if she was sad with his words, "Maybe that's the reason why I can't have a boyfriend until now" Irene laughing but it seemed like she was laughing at herself "What's holding you back?" Stefan asked with his left hand twisting his trouser pocket which contained a ring box, then Irene just sighed and answers "everyone who approaches me just wants to have fun, not serious about the relationship and also wants fame from me because my mother is a well-known actress in my country and I started my music career when I was still at school" Stefan could see that Irene seemed tired of that. "I think we have something in common, don't you think?" Stefan looked straight into the girl's eyes and she nodded, "Yeah, we have something in common, so tell me will you still search for a woman in the future?" Stefan looks like he's thinking "maybe, there's someone I like nowadays." Irene blinked, "Who is that woman? oh Stefan has a crush on someone" Stefan just gave Irene a faint smile "You could say that, how about you, is there anyone you've crush on?" Irene looked like she was thinking about saying something, she cleared her throat, "of course there is, but I'm still holding back from telling that person" Stefan cleared his throat and asked again "why didn't you tell him?" Irene tapped her nails on the table "That person and I could be said to be close but that person was very stiff when he met me"