Chapter 2 - The Lunch Incident

School today has been a drag. The only exciting thing that's happened today is that Harley Quinn pantsed the Mayor of Gotham. Which was fucking hilarious and it's all over Twitter. Other than that though I've just been bored.

During lunch me and Farah ate under the same tree we always do when it's nice out. She was doing her A.P. English homework and was too concentrated to be her chatty self. I won't judge her for not being as talkative, A.P. English was a hard class. I was eating my kind of dry turkey, lettuce, and cheese sandwich when I heard an engine rev behind me. It shocked me so badly that I almost choked on my sandwich. I turned towards the sound and saw a matte black motorcycle pull into the parking lot. The rider was wearing a crimson-red helmet and a black riding jacket.

I was basically drooling, guys on motorcycles are so hot it's actually scary sometimes. Another bike then pulled up next to the first guy. This bike was black too but with blue accents and blue lights underneath the bike. It looked like it was glowing blue. This rider had on a blue and black helmet. He only had on a black T-shirt and black cargo pants. I started smacking Farah so she could be nosy like me and look.

"What?! I'm busy Imani!" she growled out annoyed.

"Girl look!" I whispered. She rolled her eyes and propped herself up next to me. The tree we sit under is near the parking lot but in a secluded corner. There are some hedges around us so unless someone knows we're there, they can't really see us.

"Oh. My. God. Who are they?" Farah scrambled closer to the hedges to get a better look, "Men on motorcycles are so hot jeez. Do you think if we asked they'd give us a ride?"

"No way. We're too anonymous."

"You're too anonymous. I'm pretty well known." Farah grinned.

"No one knows you but me and that band geek Nelson who drools over you." I laugh. She sticks her tongue out at me and I do it back. We turn back towards the bikers who are now off their bikes and leaning up against them talking. The blue biker's visor was up revealing beautiful blue eyes. They actually look kind of familiar...

"Girl, I think those are the Wayne brothers," I whisper to Farah. She turns and looks at me like I'm crazy.

"The Wayne brothers don't have bikes they drive sports cars."

"The blue one is for sure Grayson look at his face." I point at him. She turns back around and looks closer.

"Oh shoot girl you're right! That's my man!" She yells so loud they both turn around and look back at where we are. She squeals and ducks under the hedges. I wasn't as fast so I made eye contact with Jason. I duck under and cover my mouth. I look at Farah who's giggling like a mad woman and smack her arm a bunch. She mouths out sorry, but I don't think she meant it. After a beat has passed we both slowly peek back over the hedges. The brothers took off their helmets, Grayson was on his phone with his helmet behind him on his bike, while Jason had his helmet under his arm. And he was looking over at us. We made eye contact again and instead of ducking down this time, I held it.

"Imani is he looking at you?" Farah squeals. He taps his brother who looks up at him annoyed before also looking over at us. We must've looked so stupid kneeling and looking over some hedges at these boys. Grayson grins and gives us a little wave.

"I think I'm going to vomit." Farah backs away from the hedges and grabs her things. I follow her and stuff my things into my bookbag. I toss my half-eaten sandwich back into my lunch box and rush back inside the school with Farah.

"I thought you said the next time you see him you were gonna finally talk to him and let him know you're soulmates." I tease.

"Shut up Imani." Farah speed walks back into the cafeteria. I turn back one last time to see Jason looking right back at me, with a small smirk on his face. I think I'm going to throw up now.