Chapter 6 - The Overlook

"Jason I don't think that's very funny."

"I wasn't joking, Bunny. It's just so you can get it out of the way. We're friends, right? Wouldn't you rather kiss a friend than some gross loser at a party who only wants to stick his tongue down your throat?" Jason's eyes bore into my face with a seriousness I was uncomfortable with.

"It just sounds like you just want to kiss me, Jason. I have three other male friends too now, maybe I should just ask them." I laugh trying to ease the tension. He softly smiles at me.

"Farah would kill you if you kissed 'her man'."

"Then I'd just kiss Roy." I shrugged indifferently. "He's cute and he doesn't go to Gotham Academy so it's not a conflict of interest."

"I'd kill Roy if he kissed you."

"What? Why?" I asked. Before Jason could answer, the revving of an engine interrupted our conversation. I looked out of the window to check where the noise was coming from to see Tim and Donna speeding up the road in our direction. Then Dick's and Barbra's cars not too far behind him. Jason let out an annoyed sigh and got out of the car. He rounded over to my side and opened the door for me.

Before I could step out of the car he leaned in and whispered, "This conversation isn't over. Think about what I said." I stared at him, frozen in my seat. He gave me a wide grin before offering his hand. "C'mon Bunny let's go."

I take his hand and he gently pulls me out of the car while everyone else exits their vehicles too. He places his hand on my lower back and steers us towards where the group is gathering.

"Where are the beers?" I whispered to Jason, once I noticed everyone was empty-handed except for some blankets that Barbra pulled out of her car and some sodas Dick had.

"Oh, I was joking about that too." He whispered back. I shot him an annoyed look and he smirked back at me.

Barbra spread out her blanket so we could all take a seat. I sat down in a corner of the blanket while tucking my feet under me. Barbra sat next to me, Tim next to her. Donna sits on top of the back of Barbra's car. Farah sits on the back of Dick's car and Dick stands in between her legs. His back against her chest. Jason leaned against the back of his car, which was behind me.

"I invited Roy. He said he'll try to sneak out and join us. I also texted Conner to see if he wanted to hang out too" Tim said as he typed away mindlessly on his phone.

"Jesus, you're just inviting the whole world. Who's next, Damian?" Jason grumbles angrily.

"You have a major anger issue problem JJ." Dick chastises, humor lacing his voice. The younger brother just rolls his eyes and huffs in annoyance. I giggled a little to myself at their banter.

A couple hours later the gang's all here

A couple hours later the gang's all here. I met their friend Conner who was just also really good-looking. It's strange how all of these people look like they were pulled out of a fashion magazine. Conner was a really sweet guy, he had a slight country accent that made it nice listening to him talk. He seemed to be really close to Tim, probably because they're around the same age. We talked a little bit about where he grew up and how life in the city with all these kids is so different. I could relate of course. I'm only at Gotham Academy on a scholarship so I'm not like these mega-rich heirs and heiresses. It can feel like you're on another planet.