Chapter 21 - The Batman

"Are you sure he wants to meet us?" This was probably my 20th time asking Dick about his Dad's request to have a chat with me and Farah. I wrung my hands nervously and paced around the elevator. Yes, the Wayne manor has a secret elevator. Because of course it does.

"I already told you yes like a million times Imani. He wants to talk to you both." Dick crossed his arms and leaned against one of the walls.

"You could've let us change." Farah grumbled annoyed. "I'm in your T-Shirt and Imani is still in her Halloween costume. We look ridiculous."

"You look fine. Dad knows the situation. He won't judge your outfits." Dick pokes Farah's cheek as she pouts. I twirl my braid around my finger and flit my eyes across the elevator. It's a bad nervous habit but I can't help it. The elevator was taking forever to get to the bottom floor and the more the minutes ticked by the more freaked out I was getting.

"Bunny." Jason called. I turned my head to peek at him. "Calm down. Bruce is fine."

"He's your Dad, of course he's fine to y'all. He doesn't know me. And now that I know all of your identities, he could kill me! Or lock me up in Arkham or something."

"He'll be harder on us then he will be on you guys." Jason and Dick shared a look when he said that. I'm guessing growing up with Batman as a Dad couldn't have been easy.

"Why? You guys did what you could." Farah hugged Dick who looked stressed.

"It's never enough. We could've done better. I should've done better." Dick ran his hands through his hair. "With Bruce, nothing will ever be enough."

The elevator jolted to a stop and Dick's words hung in the air. The doors creaked open and a cool rush of air swept in. I shivered and rubbed my arms together. Dick stepped off and we all followed suit. Looking around the room made me realize that the cave they were talking about was an actual real life cave. Granted it was hollowed out immensely but the smooth rock walls and sharpened stalactites in the ceiling made sure no one would forget what this was.

The bat cave was massive. But the man in the three piece suit standing in the middle of it waiting for us felt bigger than the whole place.

"Jesus. It's really Bruce Wayne." Farah whispered to me in awe. "I can't believe Bruce Wayne is Batman."

"I know right?" I whispered back as we approached him.

"Hello there." His voice was dark and smooth. His smile made me blush. Bruce Wayne was one really handsome man. "I'm Bruce."

"H-Hi, I'm Imani." I squeaked out. He held out his hand for me to shake and I gave him mine weakly.

"I'm, uh, I'm Farah." She was awestruck. She shook his hand too. Dick rolled his eyes at how Farah was acting but didn't say anything in the presence of his father. He was 100% jealous.

"Let's get down to business shall we?" Bruce smiled.