Chapter 20 - The Red Hood

"Oh wow. Would you look at this Harls. It seems Mr. Red Hood has a special connection with this hostage right here." Deathstroke pulled me close to him and brandished a knife to my throat. Jason was tensed to lunge at him but the knife got closer to my neck. I could feel a slight prick and then the warm release of some blood running down my neck.

"You get any closer brat and she's dead." Deathstroke slowly walked backwards towards the basement stairs. I started to panic. I just got away from the basement, I couldn't go back. Red Hood was tense, he looked primed and ready to run after us but something behind his back made him stop.

"What the hell are you looking at bat brat?" Deathstroke turned his head only to come face to face with Zatanna.

"etL reh og!" (Let her go!) Zatanna lifted her glowing hands and pointed them at Deathstroke. He froze in place for a second, and then dropped the knife he had to my throat and released my hair. I sprinted into Red Hood, or Jason I'm guessing, arms. He scooped me up and held me close for a second. Relief flooded through me, overwhelming me with its intensity. Tears streamed down my cheeks, a mix of gratitude and disbelief washing over me in waves. He then let go of one hand, keeping the other firmly around me, and brandished one of his guns at Deathstroke.

"I should fucking kill you for even touching her." He squeezed me more firmly into his side.

"Hood, don't." Zatanna warned. "You just got back in favor with Batman, don't do anything you might regret."

"Yeah, listen to her Bat Brat. You don't want Daddy to be mad at you again." Deathstroke chided. I couldn't take it anymore. His voice caused me indescribable rage. I grabbed the gun out of Jason's hand and shot Deathstroke in the leg.

"ARGHH!" His voice rang out across the room but it wasn't enough for me. He traumatized me, and everyone else. Just for some money. He was going to kill me, just for some MONEY?! I shot again, this time at his arm. I was ready to shoot him one last time in the heart when Jason reached out and took the gun from me.

"Imani, enough." His voice was calm, but filled with worry.

"He tried to kill me!" My voice was scratchy from all the crying and screaming I'd done today. "He tried to kill me twice!" My breathing was becoming ragged. I wanted to scream more, I wanted to cry and not cry at the same time. I wanted Deathstroke to hurt. I needed him to hurt. Something in me snapped tonight and the only thing that would fix it would be making someone else feel what I did. Then I remembered Harley was still in the room.

My eyes snapped to hers, she was quiet and hiding in a corner. A scream ripped its way out of my throat and I lunged for her. Jason's grip was too strong on me, he wouldn't let me go.

"Jason let me go! I need to hurt her! She tried to kill me!" I sobbed red hot tears of anger. Jason just held me tighter against him. Zatanna whispered a spell under breath and Harley Quinn collapsed on the floor. She then turned to me and with a sad smile opened her mouth and started to whisper the same spell.

"NO!" I screamed. "Don't do this! I need to hurt her!"

"oG ot peels." (Go to Sleep.) For the second time that night I was knocked out.

) For the second time that night I was knocked out