Chapter 18 - The Halloween Party (Part 2)

After my drunken dancing with Donna and Barbra we met up with Farah and Dick. Who were disheveled and out of breath. It was gross and I did not want to hear any sordid details but I could put two and two together. We were hanging out by the bar just chatting and sobering up a bit. Me specifically though, I was wasted.

"Do you guys think Roy is kinda cute?" Donna asked randomly, her eyes were stuck on Roy who was across the room talking to Wally. Everyone stopped what they were doing and looked at Donna in shock. Everyone but Babs who just rolled her eyes.

"Jesus Donna, not again." Barbra laughed. That shocked me even more.

"Bitch, what do you mean not again?" Farah leaned in, desperate to get the scoop. I nodded too, I wanted to know what the hell she meant.

"Every couple of months Donna goes through this phase where she finds Roy really hot and then she gets awkward around him. This has been going on since we were in, like, eighth grade at this point." Babs took a sip of her beer and shrugged, as if this was no big deal.

"How did I not notice this?" Dick whispered, shocked.

"Because you're oblivious?" Babs joked.

"I'm gonna do it this time." Donna stood up off the bar and straightened her outfit. She pulled out her phone and reapplied her lip gloss.

"What about Brandon? You literally invited him here!" I asked.

"He couldn't even get in. And I only entertained him because I was trying to get over Roy. But it's time to end this decade-long crush!" She chugged the rest of her beer, then popped a mint.

"It hasn't been a decade." Babs muttered.

"Whatever." Donna ended the conversation there then sashayed over to Roy.

"Anyone wanna take bets on what's gonna happen?" Dick grinned at us.

Farah shook her head in disappointment, "Babe, no." I laughed at them before turning back to watch the scene unfold. Donna walked right next to Roy and gave him a hug as a greeting. They talked for a little bit, then Donna leaned in and whispered something in his ear. Whatever it was made Roy look shocked.

"What do you guys think she said?" Dick asked. It's kind of weird how interested he was in this.

"Probably something crazy. Roy never gets shocked." I turned to look at Dick, "It's uncomfortably how into this you are." Barbra bursted out laughing and Farah giggled a little but stopped when Dick shot her a pitiful look. I turned back to Donna only to see her and Roy really close and talking in a corner of the room. Poor Wally had been abandoned and was now just standing there awkwardly.

"This is so weird." Dick whispered.

I shrugged. "I think it's kinda cute."

"Of course you'd think it's cute. You're also weird." Dick chuckled. I rolled my eyes and fought back a smile. I couldn't have Dick Grayson thinking he was funny.

I was going to retort back but a sudden boom came from the upstairs of the house interrupting me, a loud roar shook the room. In an instant, panic took over and people from upstairs started rushing downstairs towards us.

"Babs!" Dick yelled. "What's going on?"

"I don't know!" She yelled over the sounds of screaming and panicking. "I'm calling Alfred and Bruce!" I ran towards my best friend and held her close while people rushed past us.

"Shit! Whoever it is is jamming the cell signal! I can't reach anyone!" Barbra yelled out frustrated.

"It's Deathstroke! He brought Bizzaro!" A party goer yelled as he sprinted past. My body went cold, it was like a bucket of ice water had been dropped on my head. Two of the world's most dangerous super villains were in Conner's house right now. The only thing I was thinking was HIDE! I tried to pull Farah away so that we could run away and hide together but she was rooted in place. She was terrified.