Chapter 22 - The Kiss

A loud banging noise woke me up from the best sleep of my life.

"Jason! Get up! We have a family meeting, remember?! Jason!" The voice angrily called out. I groaned annoyed and tried to snuggle in more to the bed to get back to sleep. "Was that a girl's voice? So you ignored the family meeting over a GIRL! Ohh when father hears about this he'll be irate!" The loud banging continued.

Who is this voice and why are they trying to ruin my beauty sleep? I finally opened my eyes, realizing that sleep has fully left me and I am unfortunately fully awake now, only to notice an arm wrapped around my waist and a head on my chest. Jason's head was on my chest. And his arms were around my waist. And I had my arms around him too.

My stomach did a somersault when I finally grasped the reality of our position. We're cuddling. I'm cuddling with Jason Todd.

"Jason! Wake up or so help me I'll break this door down!" The voice was getting madder and madder by the second. Jason stirred and finally opened his eyes. He looked annoyed.

"I am going to kill Damian." His sleepy voice was dark and gravely. And really really hot. I just stayed frozen in my position, unable to move. Jason looked up and met my eyes.

"Hi." He grinned.

"Hi." I whispered.

"I have to go beat up a 13 year old now."

"You go do that." We untangled ourselves from each other. Jason sat up, stretched a little, then marched towards the door.

He swung it open and growled at his brother, "Damian, what is so fucking important you have to bang on my door like the fucking world is ending?'

"Jason, did you forget about the family meeting Father called? Or were you too busy copulating with that girl to remember to check the time?" Damian hissed. Copulating? Did he think we were...

Oh my God, how utterly embarrassing.

"Dami, you're actually an idiot. Tell Bruce I'll be there in five." Jason slammed the door in his brother's face and walked to the bathroom. I heard water running then 3 minutes later he walked back out.

"I left an extra toothbrush out but you can go back to sleep if you want. I have to go get chewed out by my family now." He walked over to me and placed a kiss on my cheek. "Bye Bunny."

"Bye..." my voice trailed off as he exited the room. What the hell just happened?

He came back about two hours later, looking stressed and very annoyed

He came back about two hours later, looking stressed and very annoyed. I was sitting on his bed, my back against the backboard, playing on his switch. He walked into the room and slammed the door shut. The force shook the walls and startled me.

"Sorry." He mumbled.

"Bad meeting?" I asked. He climbed into the bed and placed his head in my lap. My heart fluttered in my chest as I tried to remain calm.