Chapter 27 - The End

I went back home the next day. But I went back to school a week later. My excuse to my mother was that hearing of Deathstroke's escape really shook me up. Which wasn't a lie, it did shake me up when it happened. Not so much anymore, I just needed some time to get used to my house again.

Who could've guessed that being attacked by a homicidal maniac would make me a little apprehended about being back home? That was sarcasm, anyone would've guessed.

I tightened my winter coat around myself as the December air was biting at my face. I basically missed all of November for school, and now that I'm back I have some major catching up to do. I could do it, I'm a good student. I rushed into the Gotham Academy building and headed for my locker. Farah was already there waiting for me with a giant grin on her face.

"After school there's a huge surprise for you." She was bubbling with excitement. I looked at her with a bit of apprehension.

"Why?" I didn't usually like surprises. I like knowing what's gonna happen and when it's gonna happen.

"I can't tell you too much but you know I'm not good with secrets so I had to tell you a little something." She winked. I grinned and laughed.

"Where am I going for this surprise?" I asked as I hung up my coat in my locker.

"The only place we all ever hang out. Dick's house of course!" She flung her hands up in the air in frustration, as if I should know where my surprise was coming from.

"Alright. I'll try and act really surprised later."

"Good!" She beamed at me. Then she looked past me and waved. "The boys are coming, act normal." I rolled my eyes. She sure can overreact sometimes. I turned around to be greeted by Jason, Dick, and Tim rounding the corner.

"Hey girls." Tim greeted us. I waved and Farah threw her arms around him and gave him a big hug. She must be in an extravagant mood today. Tim looked a bit uncomfortable but let her hug him.

"I'm getting jealous." Dick pulled Farah off his brother. She smiled at him apologetically then placed a kiss on his cheek.

"Hi Bunny." Jason leaned down and kissed my cheek. My face heated up in embarrassment. Everyone pretty much put two and two together about us a while ago. It was a little embarrassing to show PDA at school, but also nice that we didn't really have to hide. Not that we were hiding, it was just didn't come out until now I guess.

"Hey J."

"I can't believe you two were together for a month and didn't tell anyone." Dick grumbled. Farah looked at him and shook her head.

"Baby, the only one who didn't know was you. How do you think Imani got all those hickeys every time we saw her?" She popped her hip. I slapped my hands around my neck in embarrassment.

"I thought they were bug bites." He pouted.

"In the winter?" Tim asked.

"You told me you no one would notice them!" I hissed at Farah. She just shrugged.

"Sorry. I was just trying to make you feel better." She sheepishly smiled at me. I grabbed bunches of my hair and covered my neck the best I could. Jason chuckled then leaned down to

"Imani, you coming over today?" Jason casually asked. Ah, okay so this must be for the surprise Farah was talking about.

"Yeah sure. I quit the library job so I don't have anything to do after school today." After the whole Oliver telling the man who wanted me dead where I lived thing, I just can't handle the library anymore. It was bitter sweet when I quit, I'll miss the nook and all its comforts. But the idea of stepping back into that place made me want to vomit.