CHAPTER~1

Author's POV

Hridya was sitting in her room when her mother came inside the room and saw her crying. Her mother went near her and tried to console her. She was crying in a way that her hiccups were not stopping.

"Why me maa? In this entire world,why me? What was my mistake that God gave me this punishment?", said Hridya still crying hard.

"Jo kismat me likha hota hai bacha wahi hota hai, isme tumhari koi galti nahi h", she tried to console her even further.

This was not the first time she was crying like this. Since when her husband has died she used to cry every now and then like this. Although it was an arranged marriage of Hridya and her husband but still she was hurt due to the words she had to listen by her in-laws. All those words constantly revolved around her mind.

"Apshaguni hai yeh,mere bete ko kha gayi"

["She is unlucky; she has eaten my son."]

"Isko pasand karna meri zindagi ki Sabse badi galti thi"

["Choosing her for my son, was the biggest mistake of my life."]

"Abhaagin"

[Unlucky]

Even she was dreaded by the words that people used to show her sympathy.

"Bechari,haath ke mehndi ka rang utraa nahi aur vidhwa hogayi"

["Poor thing, the color of the henna on her hands didn't fade, and she became a widow."]

"Kya karsakte hai,bhagwan ki marzi"

["What can we do? It's God's will."]

It was just few days ago when she came to know that her father wanted her to marry some guy who already has a child from his first wife.

She hadn't answered her parents about her wish yet. Basically her father never supported her in anything. She was just a burden on his head ever since she was born.

That's why she was married off at such a young age to some man who was habituated of drinking and smoking and also was quite aged. She knew that this time too her father will force her to marry this guy.

Her mother was quite supportive but she didn't dare to speak in front of her husband. Earlier when Hridya wanted to deny about her marriage proposal and her mother supported her in this,her father beat her mother to hell and thus Hridya had no other choice than to accept his proposal.

After Hridya calmed herself down her mother spoke to her,"Tanu beta, I think you should consider once about the marriage proposal your papa was talking about".

"I've heard his family is rich and well mannered. The man you've to marry is a very respected person of the society. He has his own business."

"Moreover, he has a daughter which is just 6months-old who needs a mother. I know you'll surely think about that child who would be craving for the warmth of a mother tanu,", she continued to speak holding her daughter's hand.

Her mother stood up and disappeared out of the room.
Hridya sat on the bed pulling her legs close to her chest and slipped in her chains of deep thoughts.

     WHEREAS

"Stop forcing me again and again for this wedding. I've no interest in this",Aarav said.

"You cannot be so selfish for yourself. Think about Aadya once. Aarav beta, I know you don't need a wife but your daughter needs a mother, think about that",his mother said.

"But why? Aren't you there to keep care of her?",Aarav argued.

"I'm there. But for how long? I'm getting old, my health is deteriorating day by day. For how long will I be able to take care of her?,his mother stated.

"Okay then Nikita will look after her",he again argued.

"You cannot depend on someone for your own daughter unless it's her mother. No one can give her the warmth of her mother".

"Then what do you think I can do?",his asked bluntly.

"Get married again",Akshita said.

"And what's the guarantee that she'll be good to Aadya?".

"She'll be good to her. I've seen her photos. Her eyes shine different. I've heard about her from my friends. Such a young girl she is, her husband died just after ten days of her wedding. At least meet her once then you can decide.",she said.

"I'll meet her. I'll see first that she is suitable for my daughter or not, then I'll decide myself what to do.

And if I deny, no one will force me again. Am I clear?",he asked in a loud voice.

"Okay"..."there's her photograph on the table, if you wish you can see that",Akshita said and left from his room.

Aarav stood up from his place and went near the crib of his daughter. He looked at her with his intense eyes. He bent down and took her out from the crib. He took her in his arms and kissed her on her cheeks.

"My princess".."I'll do this...I'll do this only for you",he said.

He played with her for some time until she slept in his arms. He again placed her in the crib and sat on the bed. He thought for some minutes and then slowly took the photo of Hridya in his hands.

'She looks innocent, young, why'll she marry me? Is she doing all of this just for my money?',Aarav thought to himself.

He kept the photo back on the table. He picked up the photoframe that was kept on his sidetable.

"I miss you Kavuu. Why did you leave me alone here?", he said and his eyes moistened.

"I'll always love you Kavuu, no one can replace you from my life. You'll be the only love of my life",he muttered and pressed the frame against his chest.

A lone drop of tear fell down from his eyes.

He really loves her even now!