CHAPTER ~ 8

POV :~ AARAV

I was busy working since morning.
I have some important presentation to make for the clients who were specially coming from Kerela to meet us.

Hridya has been taking care of Aadya quite nicely after the day I scolded her. Probably one week ago.
I realised later that, I shouldn't have raised my voice on her. She is new into this. But when it comes to my daughter, I'm unable to control my anger.

I'm not able to give good time to my baby. I admit, things are a bit hectic for me. My company is in the process of partnering with another company in Kerela, which would double the size of AK Industries here in Bhopal.

And thus, here I'm working from home on 'sunday'.

I heard a knock on the door of my study. "Come in".

Hridya entered inside with a plate of food in her hands.
Who asked her to do such things?

"Why are you here?",my tone was cold.

"Uh- lunch", she replied innocently.

"Who told you to bring it here?".

"Mumma.. mumma said that you missed your breakfast too, so..",she uttered.

"Keep it on the table", she moved towards the table.

"You don't have to do such things for me. You're here to be with Aadya",I said without looking at her.

"I know...just..",she murmured, opened the door again and disappeared outside.

Why does she have to do these things? Mumma is also great! There are servants in house, but she'll choose Hridya to do such things. Just great!
I thought while eating my food.

Day turned into night, and I was still working in my study.

Mumma entered inside the study and sat on the chair in front of me.
I raised my eyebrows and asked, "now what happened mumma?".

"Beta, pandit ji has given the date of annaprashan ceremony on next Sunday. Are you okay with this?".

My presentation is on Friday. Good, I'll be free on Sunday.

"Yes mumma", I replied.

"Beta, hridya ko bhi bata dena. Mai sone Jaa rhi, thakaan si lag rahi hai".

"Tabiyet theek hai aapki?", I stood up from my place and went towards her.

"Yes, just some tiredness".

"Come-on go and rest, don't worry about anything", I said and took mumma to her room carefully.

I made her lay down on the bed and then left from there after wishing her good night.

~~~

When I reached my room, it was 12:10a.m.
As I opened the door, only the night lamps were on.

Hridya was sleeping on the bed and beside her slept my loving daughter. I stepped closer to them and sat on the other side of the bed.

Aadya was holding Hridya's index finger in her hands. It looked cute.
I caressed Aadya's head lightly and kissed on her cheek.

I was tired, I needed to have a good sleep. But Hridya, was sleeping on my place. I didn't wanted to wake her up, so I shifted myself to the sofa.
And soon sleep took over me.

~~~

"Aarav Ji".
"Aarav ji please wake up".
"Aarav ji, it's 9a.m.".
My eyes opened immediately after hearing this. I am late.

Hridya was standing infront of the sofa. I sat up on my place.

"Mumma told me to wake you up, sorry", she said.

"No, thank you, aur late ho jata Hume, tum nahi uthati toh".

["I would've got more late if you wouldn't have woke me up."]

I stood up and disappeared into the bathroom.

As I reached the dining hall, everyone had already completed their breakfast. Hridya was sitting on the chair along with Aadya and papa was sitting on the sofa in the hall.

I wished papa 'good morning'.

"Arey Aaj itna late. Hridya beta, serve him the breakfast", he said.

["Oh, you're so late today. Hridya, serve him the breakfast."]

I looked towards Hridya who had Aadya in her arms.
"No, Karan will do it, where is he?", I said immediately.

Hridya stood up from her place and said, "Karan bhaiya has gone outside to bring vegetables, come sit, I'll serve you breakfast".

I went to the dining table. She handed over Aadya to me.
I was playing with her while she was serving breakfast to me.

"Her annaprashan ceremony is on Sunday", I informed her while pulling Aadya's cheeks.

"Preparations?", she asked.
"You don't have to worry about that, I'll handle", I replied.

"Okay", she replied.

She took Aadya back into her arms and sat on the chair placed opposite to me.

I finished my breakfast and left for the office. Next 5days were going to be hectic for me.