CHAPTER ~ 23

Happy Sunday, readers! 🌷

POV :~ HRIDYA

Since I was born, I think this was the first birthday celebration of mine in which I had cut a cake. My father never allowed me to celebrate one.

And also, the gift that I received from Aarav ji is worth a million for me. I cannot express how happy I felt after seeing Aadya's album. The album which had all her photos since her birth.

I always wanted to see that, but mumma had informed me once that he doesn't like anyone touching that album. It was completely surprising and unexpected for me that I got it as my birthday gift.

This morning, after having our breakfast, Aarav ji and I were sitting in our room while Aadya was out with her aunt and cousin to park.

Aarav ji was working on his laptop and I was sitting on the sofa going through the album.

I saw the photo of Kavya ji, Aarav ji and Aadya together. Aadya looked so small, her eyes were closed and she was lying in Kavya ji's arms while Aarav ji's arms were wrapped around her.

What a beautiful happy family they were! I really feel bad for Aarav ji sometimes. Like genuinely, Aadya got me as her mother figure but what about Aarav ji. He doesn't have anyone whom he can love as his wife. He considers me just as a friend. As per I know, they were college sweethearts. It must be tough for him to live without her.

"Hey, by any chance do you know where's my green file?".
I heard his voice and shifted my gaze upward.

He was searching his things moving here and there around the room.
I got up from my place and kept the album aside.

I searched around the room but there was no trace of it in the room.

"Uhm I think you must have left it in your study only," I muttered.

"Please mujhe laakar dedona room me",
He said while shifting back to his place on bed.

'Since when did he became so lazy', I thought in my mind.
I moved outside the room to bring the file for him.

I stepped inside his study and searched for his 'green' file.
My eyes fell on it within few seconds as it was kept in front only, on the table.

I took the file and went back inside the room to give him.
I shifted closer to bed where he was sitting. I forwarded him the file and he took it happily.

But my eyes noticed something else, his eyes were red, completely red.

I sat down beside him and he moved his gaze to look at me.

"Are you okay?", I questioned with a serious face.

"Mujhe kya hona?", he replied and shifted his gaze back to his laptop.

"Look at me".

"What Hridya?", he said while still looking into his laptop.

"Idhar dekhiye na!", he shifted his eyes slowly towards me.

"Are you sick? Do you have a fever?", I enquired.

He shook his head lightly and answered, "Nopes, just a little weakness".

"Weakness? Let me check,"

I tried to touch his hand but he flinched back, "What are you doing, let me work".

"Aarav ji, don't act like a child,"

I said with a frustrated face and he looked towards me with a straight face, not trying to act anymore.