CHAPTER ~ 13

POV :~ AARAV

She came inside with the plate of food in her hands and kept it on the table.

I shifted myself to the sofa and started eating my dinner.
After finishing my dinner, I came back to my bed and laid on one side of it.

Aadya was awake now. Hridya was playing with Aadya and she was giggling looking at Hridya.

"You two have formed a nice bond", I said.

"Nazar mat lagaiye aap", she said and pouted her lips.

I laughed. "I was just spitting facts", I said.

"I know. I love her. God showered some love finally on me", she said looking at Aadya.

I know we weren't even good friends but I wanted to know more about her.
Like, what was her past life like. I am getting a strong feeling that her past wasn't that great.

"Who all are in your family?", I asked.

"You don't know?", she counter questioned me.

And yes, I felt awkward. Technically she is my wife, I should be knowing about her. But all the things, our marriage, everything was decided by mumma. She knew the information about her family and her. I didn't knew anything about her except for the information she gave me that day, her name.

And apart from her name, I just knew that she was a widow.

I shook my head slowly.
She looked at me and muttered, "Maa-papa, di-jiju and their son- Karthik".

"Oh", I exclaimed.

She started playing with Aadya again.

After few minutes, she asked, "Can I ask you something, if you're comfortable?".

"Is this about Kavya?".

She nodded her head slowly. I usually do not talk on this topic with anyone but it's okay, she is the mother of my daughter. She should know things about her.

I nodded my head, "ask".

"What happened to her?", she asked.

"No one told you?", I was surprised. I thought she must be knowing all this.

She shook her head slowly and said, "I never asked about this to anyone. It felt uncomfortable".

"I understand", I said and paused.

"It's okay if you don't want to", she said while looking towards me with nervousness in her eyes.

"No, it's okay, you should know".. "her pregnancy was critical, doctor said that it was tough to save one of them".. my heart started racing fastly while opening up to her.. "and I told her to choose Kavya if any such condition arises".

She was looking at me with her doe eyes.

"When she was born, doctor said that both of them are weak, they need to fight for their survival. Unluckily, Kavya came out to be the weak one between them and she couldn't survive", I said and I could feel my eyes turning watery.

"She was the strongest, she gave birth to her", Hridya said with a smile and a smile spread on my face too.

"Did she see her?",she asked while looking at Aadya.

"Yes, for some six hours after her birth, she was with us. Although she already had felt that she will not able to survive longer. The last thing she said to me was, 'Take care of my husband and my baby' and then ..she left us".

"I felt as if I lost my life completely, I didn't wanted to live anymore. I wanted to give up this life but then I looked at my princess and I decided 'I've to live for her' for my daughter".

"She looks like her mother",she muttered slowly.

"Yes, she is the mirror image of her mother. Her eyes, her nose everything", I said while adoring my baby.

"You miss her a lot, right?", she asked slowly.

"Very much, you cannot imagine how bad it feels when you lose your childhood love, it feels like your life is shattered".
Her eyes had too turned moist.

"Have you shared your feelings with anyone before?", she asked looking directly into my eyes.

I shook my head.

"Why?", she asked.

"I don't know what to say", I replied.

"Your friends?", she asked.

"They know I was shattered, but I haven't shared my feelings directly in front of them".

"Why did you share these things with me then?", she asked.

"I don't know, I found you.. trustable", I replied.

"You're copying my line", she said and I chuckled.

"Maybe because you're the mother of my daughter and you need to know these things", I said truthfully.

She smiled.

"Can I ask you one more thing?", she said.

"Yes, anything ", I replied.

She inhaled deeply and said, "pehle promise kijiye aap gussa nahi karenge".

[First promise me you'll not get angry].

I nodded my head.

"Can we be friends, just friends?", she asked.

"Why?", I questioned with my thinned eyebrows.

"Maybe that'll help us to be better parents for her", she replied looking towards Aadya.

"What do you mean?", I asked.

"You know, I think a child notices everything. How their parents are, what type of relationship they've and  it might affect her when she grows up", she said.

"And also if we'll be friends, we will be able to tackle any situation more easily. You know,how friends are!
I can share my things with you, you can share your things with me because at the end of the day, you want someone with whom you can share your feelings with!", she completed.

She was right.

"Don't worry, I know what are the limits that should not be crossed between friends", she chuckled.

I paused for some minutes while she was cooing Aadya, trying to make her sleep.

She is a good person as per my experience with people. I know she'll never cross her limit. And she is correct in this too, that Aadya needs to see both of her parents together.
And the other part was also correct.
Everyone needs someone at the end of the day to share their feelings with.

I looked towards the photoframe of Kavya.
'Should I?', I asked her in my mind.
I thought the pros and cons of this friendship but there was no cons present.

'Just friends', I muttered.

I looked towards her.

"Fine, we can be friends", I said.

"Hello, friend", she muttered.
"Hiii", I chuckled.

She looked at me and smiled.

"We can share things with each other now", I said.

"Mumma and papa are friends now,Aadu", she said in a childish voice to Aadya and Aadya giggled in response.

I looked at the cute duo and thought, 'I found the right mother for our daughter, Kavya'.

Aadya kept on playing with Hridya till midnight.
I think,even after I slept, they were playing.