CHAPTER ~ 5

POV :~ HRIDYA

Wedding day it is!

Everything that I'm wearing today is bought by papa. I didn't go for the shopping for my own wedding.

His mother had called my father just after the day we met. She said that he too was ready for the wedding. Moreover she said that Aarav ji wants a simple wedding from a temple.

My father agreed. I too wanted a simple wedding. More people, more problems.

I knew Kshitij will join us because Kshitij's father and my father are friends.

It was planned that we'll reach the temple first and then the groom's side will arrive. It went accordingly. After they arrived, everyone sat in the hall of the temple.

Looking at them, I was sure that only close ones are invited. From our side too, there were only few people.

I was called inside the hall. I took my place beside Aarav ji. I lifted my eyes a little to see him. His face looked stern. He was wearing a blue tuxedo. Beside him was sitting a lady in a beautiful saree.

Pandit ji started chanting mantras. Rituals were done. The point when Pandit ji asked him to fill vermillion in my hairline, his hands were shaking. His eyes were red. That lady held his hands through his elbow and helped him to apply the vermillion.

Wedding finished and we were declared as husband and wife.

It feels weird. Few hours ago, I was a widow and now am a new bride again. My mind was racing with all kinds of thoughts that it could think.

We took the blessings from his mother and his father. Then we shifted towards my parents. We touched their feet too but when I hugged my mother, I instantly started crying. She too was crying.

I hugged my sister and she was too crying. She pacified me somehow.

Then he moved towards the same lady that was sitting previously beside him. A man was too standing with her with a baby in his arms.

The lady came forward and hugged me.

"Bhabhi, I'm Nikita, your devrani",she spoke.

I smiled and hugged her back.

"And this is your devar, Aryan",the man beside her spoke, pointing his one hand towards himself. I smiled and joined my hands infront of him as 'namastey!'. He nodded his head with a smile on his face.

I was staring towards the baby in his arms. Nikita spoke, "He is my son, Avi, Avinash". I pulled the cheeks of baby softly and he gave a notorious smile to me.

Aarav ji grabbed my attention when he forwarded the dupatta of our gatbandhan to me. Nikita immediately took it in her hands and placed it around my neck.

Aarav moved towards another man, who had a baby girl in his arms. I recognised that it was her. Those blue eyes!

He immediately took her in his arms and kissed her on her cheeks. He walked outside the temple with Aadya in his arms, without looking elsewhere.

That man came towards me and forwarded his hands to me for a handshake. I forwarded my hands too and gave a smile to him. "Saksham, your husband's bestfriend".

"We should leave now Om ji",his father spoke.

"Sure",my father answered.

My mother came towards me and hugged me again.

"Take care of your in-laws beta. God will support you in everything", she caressed my head with her hands.

"You take care of yourself maa",I said to her and kissed her hands.