Chapter 10: The Ferocious Striped Snake!

TL: Etude

"Is the news true?" Ye Tian asked.

"It's true!" Zhang Bao confirmed. "We caught a glimpse from afar earlier. The students from the First Academy were working together to combat a striped snake that was 10 meters long, but unfortunately, they failed. Now, there must be even more students going to besiege that striped snake!"

"Which direction?" Ye Tian inquired.

"Southeast direction!" Zhang Bao pointed.

Whoosh!

Ye Tian ran off at great speed, soon disappearing from sight.

At that moment, Zhang Bao gazed at the retreating figure of Ye Tian and sighed deeply, "I originally thought that Ye Tian's strength was similar to mine, but I never realized that he hid his abilities so well. With Ye Tian's talent, it's certain he will become a Martial Warrior in the future; he might even have the potential to reach the level of an Elite Martial Warrior."

It would be false to say he wasn't envious, but envy was useless. In this era that valued innate talent, he only had second-rate talent. At best, he could only reach the early stages of a Martial Warrior in his lifetime.

"Let's go; we should head back," Zhang Bao said, somewhat resignedly.

"Go back? Not hunting fierce beasts anymore?" one of the students said discontentedly.

"No more hunting. With our strength, even if we united, there's little hope of obtaining the blood of the ferocious beast. I should have realized earlier. This so-called trial is nothing but a chance given by the five major academies to their top students. They just want to produce some Martial Warriors as soon as possible. As for the lives of us weaker Martial Disciples, do you think those big shots would care? They wouldn't feel pain no matter how many martial students die!" Zhang Bao said with a bitter smile.

The other students all remained silent, evidently in agreement.

The world was cruel. For Martial Warriors, the lives of ordinary people and Martial Disciples truly didn't amount to much.

This trial was said to be for all students, but in reality, it was a test or a training exercise only for those top students.

Seven or eight people, looking dejected, headed towards the outskirts of the small wilderness area without looking back.

...

After running a distance, Ye Tian stopped.

Now, he was carrying quite a few things on his back. Although not very heavy, they would certainly affect his combat abilities, and he couldn't possibly fight with these materials on him all the time.

Under normal circumstances, there were two solutions. One was to return to the valley entrance and exchange these materials for points, but going back and forth like that would waste too much time.

The second option was to hide the materials and retrieve them later when returning.

"Better bury them!" Ye Tian quickly dug a hole in the ground and buried all the materials, then concealed it.

The small wilderness area was vast, and the chance of someone discovering the materials was extremely low. The ordinary wild beasts would also not be interested in these materials.

With everything ready, Ye Tian sped off in the southeast direction.

Boom!!!

From afar, the sounds of battle reached him, and just from the noise alone, he knew how fierce the fight was.