Chapter 61: Preparing to Leave

TL: Etude

After a lengthy conversation with Yue Zhong, Ye Tian had finally garnered some understanding about the Demon Sea Base. However, what Yue Zhong shared were merely common knowledge; he didn't touch upon any covert information.

Before departing, Ye Tian suddenly asked, "Pavilion Master Yue, do you happen to know Yue Ling?" Given that the both of them were surnamed Yue and both were affiliated with the Martial Pavilion, Ye Tian wondered if there might be some relation between them. His query was sparked by curiosity.

"Yue Ling and I both belong to the Yue Clan, one of the three great families that control the Martial Pavilion," Yue Zhong explained. "I'm from a branch family, whereas Yue Ling is a young mistress of the main family. Her background is much more profound than mine, and her status far surpasses my own."

"As I thought," Ye Tian mused. His guess had been correct. Even Yue Zhong's status paled in comparison to Yue Ling's. It made sense that Yue Ling had a Great Martial Warrior as a servant. Although that servant wasn't particularly powerful, the fact that a Great Martial Warrior servant was allocated to serve an Elite Martial Warrior like Yue Ling was quite astonishing. In the Linhai Base, Great Martial Warriors held esteemed positions; none would stoop to serve an Elite Martial Warrior. Only a major family like the Yue Clan would undertake such an arrangement.

"Pavilion Master Yue, I'll trouble you again in a month," Ye Tian bid farewell.

...

Upon returning home, Ye Tian began contemplating his next moves. According to Yue Zhong, the gold cards and currency from the Linhai Base could be exchanged at the Demon Sea Bank for the currency of the Demon Sea Base. The exchange rate was two-to-one, but this was not a loss, considering that items expensive in Linhai might be cheaper in the Demon Sea Base.

"With only one month before leaving Linhai Base, I should liquidate some assets; otherwise, they'd go to waste," Ye Tian thought.

The first thing he needed to sort out was the stockpile of intermediate beast blood, initially reserved for Ye Yu's cultivation. With just one month left, Ye Yu wouldn't be able to use it all. Therefore, Ye Tian distributed 1,000 portions to the Wind Wolf Hunting Team for free, considering Wind Wolf was a decent person and a friend. The remaining beast blood was sold to the Martial Pavilion for a total of one billion currency units. While a billion may seem a lot, it was pocket change for a Martial Warrior of Ye Tian's caliber.

In addition to the beast blood, Ye Tian sold off his collection of valuable medicinal herbs for 400 million units. He decided not to sell his villa, thinking it would serve as a place to stay if he ever returned.

For the remaining month, Ye Tian focused solely on cultivation and managed to increase his strength to 230,000 jin. Though the growth was swift, at this rate, he could hope to reach the limit of one million jin of a Great Martial Warrior within three years and then advance to the Grandmaster realm.

"To achieve Grandmaster status in three years would make countless Martial Warriors envious," Ye Tian thought. "Especially when many of them will never attain that level in their lifetimes. But this is just with my current top-tier cultivation talent. Who's to say that there aren't higher-level talents in the Demon Sea Base? If I can copy those higher-level talents, the time required to achieve Grandmaster status would be much shorter."

The desire to copy higher-level cultivation talents was one of the reasons why Ye Tian was eager to go to the Demon Sea Base. Staying in Linhai Base wouldn't afford him the opportunity to copy such talents, as they were inherently human traits, unlike the bloodline talents of beasts, which were unsuitable for him.

"Little sister, let's go," Ye Tian said to Ye Yu, who was busy packing her things.

Ye Yu was collecting some of her trinkets—items with little monetary value but significant sentimental worth. If she could, she would have taken everything from their home, but she was limited in what she could bring. She filled three large bags, which she hung over the back of Xiao Jin.

Soon after, Ye Tian and Ye Yu mounted Xiao Jin and left the Central Garden Community, heading toward the northern gate of Linhai Base. At that moment, Yue Zhong was already waiting for them there.

When Ye Tian arrived at the northern gate, he not only saw Yue Zhong but also seven or eight warriors. Lin Wanli, Grandmaster Li, and several other Great Martial Warriors—all high-profile figures in Linhai Base—were there as well.

"They're probably also heading to the Demon Sea Base, but their purpose must be different from mine," Ye Tian speculated. He was planning to settle down in the Demon Sea Base, whereas Lin Wanli and the others were unlikely to abandon everything at Linhai Base. They had little room for advancement and saw no benefit in going to the Demon Sea Base. At least in Linhai Base, they were big shots. If they went to the Demon Sea Base, aside from Grandmaster Li, the others would have to tread carefully, which wouldn't be comfortable for them.

"Master Ye!" Lin Wanli and the others greeted Ye Tian when they saw him.

"Master Ye, are you leaving Linhai Base for good?" Grandmaster Li glanced at the large bags on Xiao Jin and inquired curiously.

"Yes, I plan to settle in the Demon Sea Base. Maybe I'll return if time permits," Ye Tian casually replied.

Upon hearing this, Grandmaster Li's face lit up. With Ye Tian gone, no one could overpower him at Linhai Base. He would become the only Grandmaster and the strongest person there. While Ye Tian was present, he had always felt stifled and dared not be arrogant. So, Ye Tian's departure excited him the most. However, in front of Ye Tian, he kept his exhilaration hidden deep within.

After waiting for approximately an hour, Ye Tian finally saw a caravan approaching. The ground began to tremor as a series of gigantic beasts dragged a large amount of cargo toward them.

"The caravan is here!" Yue Zhong announced loudly.

Lin Wanli and the others were familiar with this caravan and showed no surprise. However, Ye Tian and Ye Yu stared curiously at the approaching convoy.

"So they use such enormous beasts as mounts for the caravan to carry the goods," Ye Tian realized at that moment just how formidable the Martial Pavilion was, incomparable to any ordinary power.