2.8 (end)

A few days before Shi Fan was happy that he had become a concubine, the whole capital was in chaos, and victims of the disaster from the south of the Yangtze River had already poured in in large numbers.

  Now the common people selling stalls in the capital have closed their stalls and closed their doors tightly for fear that these victims will rush into their houses and snatch things.

  Qi Yuan sat on the dragon chair and listened to the reports from the ministers. His handsome face was now red with anger.

  "Then can any of you tell me how to deal with those damn refugees!"

  There was silence in the main hall, with only Qi Yuan continuing to perform a one-man show above.

  When his eyes saw Qi Xuan standing there, it was as if he had found some kind of punching bag, and he reprimanded with a very dissatisfied tone: "Prince Regent, can you tell me why you didn't tell me this matter earlier?"

  Qi Xuan looked at Qi Yuan who was so angry that he had no regard for face, and said coldly: "I have told you this matter, Your Majesty, but at that time you would rather spend a lot of money and labor to build a palace than give it to those Funding for Disaster Victims."

  The implication is that you are solely to blame for the consequences you have now.

  How could Qi Yuan not hear it? He snorted coldly without any sign of repentance, "I am the emperor and the lord of this world. So what if I build a comfortable palace? But since the regent is so worried about the refugees thing, then it's up to you to handle it."

  These words chilled the hearts of many ministers present. If such an emperor continues like this, the country will end sooner or later.

  Qi Xuan knew very well what kind of person this new emperor with his damaged wings and unclear mind was. He was not surprised at all, and there was nothing on his face to accept this order.

  Qi Yuan saw that Qi Xuan couldn't say a harsh word to himself, so he could only obey his orders angrily. The scolding he had received in the past few years under his guidance finally made him feel a lot better. Ha, the regent. So what, in the end no matter how powerful you are, you still have to listen to him as the emperor.

  When Qi Xuan was about to go back and instruct his men to make the refugees act more like themselves, someone behind him called his name.

  He turned around and saw that it was Prime Minister Zuo. He stopped and asked, "Prime Minister Zuo, what do you want?"

  Prime Minister Zuo belongs to the group who thinks that the country can get better and better. He also knows how powerful Qi Xuan is, so he doesn't want to see him fall out with the new emperor, so he persuades him: "The regent and the new emperor have only ascended the throne not long ago. Some things need to be studied hard, so please be more tolerant to him and don't get angry with him."

  "I never take these things to heart." He is just a helpless Adou, and he is not worthy of being angry about it.

  "As long as you're not angry, then I won't bother you, the regent." Prime Minister Zuo had no idea what Qi Xuan was thinking in his heart, and really thought he was being generous and not bothering with the new emperor.

  Qi Xuan looked at the splendid palace not far away, and a cold flash flashed in his eyes. Soon, Qi Yuan, you, the emperor, are about to reach your end.

  Under Qi Xuan's deliberate control, the number of refugees not only did not decrease, but increased in number.