IV

☠︎

"So what. . . is she?" Percy asks as he walks with Luke towards the pavilion. Luke glances down at the new boy, smiling a bit in amusement.

"She's Morana", he answers simply, making Percy let out a breath, "No but you said, Annabeth is always six steps ahead of everyone. What's Morana's deal?"

Luke takes a breath. "She's the only daughter of Thanatos, the god of death. Granddaughter to the only goddess Zeus ever feared, Nyx", Luke lists, sighing a bit, looking a bit envious but shields it quickly with an amused smile as he turns to a flabbergasted Percy.

"Her father is a minor god, but she's damn near as powerful as any big three kid would be. Could be maybe even more dangerous if she wanted to be", Luke continues, thinking out loud. 

"If she wanted to be?" Percy questions, furrowing his brows just a bit, his blonde hair almost covering them.

"Her father is usually called the god of peaceful death. But I'd say he's god of death itself, because apparently without him, people stop dying. Even people dying violent deaths", Luke starts, "So her power is unimaginable. But despite her dark. . . vibe, she's holding some of that back". 

"Why?" Percy asks like a little kid from his mom. It makes Luke chuckle. "Gods Percy! I don't know". Percy looks away in slight embarrassment, kicking a cone. 

"Rumours say she used to train with Hades himself in the underworld. Along with her father of course", Luke explains. Percy's eyes widen, "Hades? As in ruler of the underworld? Why? How?"

 "Yes that Hades. And why? I think it's because her abilities are so tied to his domain and because her father is much busier than Hades himself. How? That you're going to have to ask from her. Probably some power or a pass to the underworld as a child of Hades' lieutenant", Luke answers the many questions to his best ability, slightly relieved when they reach the pavilion and Percy spots Morana, making him hold his multiple questions back. 

He sits at the end of the table, in front of Luke who gets more space than Percy.

Percy is kind of confused of the whole dynamic going on. It seems like Morana and Luke get along. . . as much as Morana can get along with anyone. But still Luke is sitting here with him, and not Morana who is utterly alone. But then again, he's seen Luke sit in front of her. Never next to her tho. . .

 Hermes table starts to soon stand up and pile towards the fire. Percy follows, readying his portion while watching Morana drop a slice of watermelon and mutter her dad's name before dropping a piece of meat and muttering Hades even quieter. Then she walks back to her place and starts eating while Percy himself reaches the fire.