X

☠︎

Morana doesn't like the feeling she has right now. She can hear distant screams tho she knows it's inside her head, something her powers are making her feel. She needs to concentrate to lock the power inside as to not let it distract her or drive her to madness. 

"What the fuck does that say?" Morana asks as they come across a cursive writing neon sign. The storm has finally let up but who knows for how long. The four trailed through the woods in New Jersey for a little too long to Morana's sanity considering her empty stomach, poorly slept night back at camp and growing worry for their success on their quest. Sure she anticipated there'd be a lot of monsters considering she's traveling with a child of the big three but in the first ten minutes? That has to be some kind of record. 

Percy's confused for a moment but then remembers that she too is dyslexic, much like him. "I don't know", he admits while Annabeth says, "No idea". 

"Aunty Em's Garden Gnome Emporium", Grover translates to them, Morana looking around suspiciously, Grover wearing a very on edge expression. 

"Aunty Em?" Annabeth asks, earning a nod from Grover. "And she has a garden full of petrified stone folks. Anyone wanna guess what Em's short for?" The wise girl figures, Morana cursing in ancient Greek, Percy understanding it as something that'd come close to English's 'for fuck's sake'.

"Let's get out of here, while we still can", Annabeth voices all of their thoughts. But they can't even turn around before something stops them. 

Morana hears a screech behind her, making her turn and open her wings, pushing the three others behind them. 

She walks back slowly, Percy trying to circle her wing but she just moves and pushes him behind again. The fury lands and Morana draws her sword. 

But as the three walk backwards, the monster stays still as if not being able to move forward. 

"Not today friends", a honey like voice sounds from towards the shop. Annabeth's suspicions of the store's owner are proven right when Alecto hides her face, refusing to look in the direction of the voice. 

The four kids turn around. 

"Oh shoot!" Annabeth whisper yells, looking away quickly, Grover matching her action just as quickly. Percy looks at the two curiously, copying the action. With his head now turned towards Morana, he sees her lowering her chin a bit, directing her eyes down discreetly as if trying to be polite about it.