V

☠︎

Morana Mavros and Percy Jackson trail back to the Hermes cabin together, both walking in silence. Percy's eyes are wandering around the camp, taking in the tens of people wearing the orange shirts that Morana and him are also wearing. 

Percy finds the people also looking at him. When he walked with Luke, he was getting eyes of curiosity but now, with Morana, he's getting looks of. . . fear almost. Tho he soon realizes that most of them don't look at him but Morana. 

The people who look at him, furrow their brows, tilt their heads and mumble to their friends in confusion. 

What is the newest kid in camp doing with the one person everyone is cautious around?

But to Percy, Morana seems completely normal. Sure she's scary in a way where her death stare could probably literally kill you but Percy doesn't get the drastic avoiding-her-like-a-disease thing. 

Percy ponders if he should ask about it from Morana. He looks at her on his right side, but then remembers what happened last time he asked something about her, so he decides against the questioning. 

Just as he moves his gaze back forward, someone collides with his shoulder, making him stumble and almost fall but Morana's wing catches him before it disappears again after steadying him. 

"Clarisse", Morana's voice has a warning tone as she gives the girl a look that would have Percy running to his mommy even when there's an amused glint in her eyes.

The Ares girl scoffs but just the slightest of smiles hints her face as she looks at Morana but then she makes a face at Percy before striding away with her goons. Morana shakes her head a bit as she continues walking, Percy jogging to catch up with her again. 

"Thanks", he mumbles, expecting the girl to mock him at least on some level like almost everyone in this damned camp. "She's a pain", she states, making Percy's head perk up and look to his side, down at the Thanatos girl. He decides to try his luck.

"Why doesn't she mess with you?" Percy asks, "Why doesn't anyone mess with you?" 

Morana glances up at him, finding his lost eyes. They remind her of herself when she first realized that no one would stand in a ten meter radius of her. 

"They're scared", she states, turning to look ahead again. "Why?" Percy asks, making Morana's shoulders stiffen. "I mean- It must be nice. Not getting shoved around like a rag doll", Percy adds as he notices the girl's quietness.