XXII

☠︎

"Will the animals be okay?" Percy asks Grover. 

The city of Las Vegas is now in despair with animals roaming around, car horns beeping and one of the biggest roads in the whole city blocked. 

"I mean, the desert and all—"

 "Don't worry," Grover assures, "I placed a satyr's sanctuary on them."

 "Meaning?"

 "Meaning they'll reach the wild safely," the satyrs tells them, "They'll find water, food, shade, whatever they need until they find a safe place to live." 

"Why can't you place a blessing like that on us?" Percy asks, Morana huffing a small laugh. "It only works on wild animals", Grover puts in.

 "So it would only affect Percy," Morana teases. "Hey!" Percy protests a smirk playing on his lips as he turns to the girl whose eyes twinkle with amusement. 

"Come on", Annabeth ushers.

"So where is this Lotus place? And how do we recognize it?" Percy asks, looking around in wonder. Morana places her hand on his cheek gently and turns his head towards the absolutely huge building with a huge sign that says, 'LOTUS'.

Percy groans but smiles, "You were like two seconds ahead of me!" Morana just shakes her head in amusement, patting the boy's shoulder and following after Annabeth who's already walking towards the casino hotel.

The entrance is a huge neon flower, the petals lighting up and blinking. No one's going in or out, but the glittering chrome doors are open, spilling out air-conditioning that smells like flowers—lotus blossom, maybe. A bit strange.

The doorman smiles at them. "Hey, kids. You look tired. You want to come in and sit down?" They've learned to be suspicious, the last week or so. Anybody might be a monster or a god. You just can't tell. But this guy seems normal. 

Or at least that's what Percy apparently decided because before Morana can put a word in, he's nodding and walking inside, forcing the rest of them to follow after.

 Inside, they take one look around, and Grover goes, "Whoa." 

The whole lobby is a giant game room. There is an indoor water slide snaking around the glass elevator, which goes straight up at least forty floors. There is a climbing wall on the side of one building, and an indoor bungee jumping bridge. There are virtual-reality suits with working laser guns. And hundreds of video games, each one the size of a widescreen TV.