XVIII

☠︎

Welcome to Waterland.

If Morana were to be be honest. . . the 'Waterland' doesn't look all that welcoming. 

There's vines covering the metallic gates, the sign is dimply lit by the lights underneath it on the ticket selling booths, those boarded shut. Some of the lights seemingly feel like the atmosphere isn't creepy enough, because they decide to flicker when they walk past them. 

But despite the eeriness, Morana can't sense any monsters. 

"I haven't seen a lot of horror movies, but this seems like exactly the kind of place they'd suggest to avoid", Percy breaks the silence that's even eerier than the scenery in front of them. 

Morana looks around while saying, "I happen to like horror movies".

"Figures", Percy huffs, making Morana glance at him. "What's that supposed to mean?" She asks, Percy turning to her and looking her up and down. Taking in the all black outfit, grim face and an even darker attitude. 

"Nothing", he mumbles a bit sarcastically, Morana huffing slightly. "I've never seen any other than horror movies. My mom love the thrill of them", she reveals, Percy turning to her with furrowed brows. 

"Like. . . any other?"

Morana nods at him, glancing at him briefly, just enough to see his brows raise. "Like. . . Not even Star Wars?"

"Doesn't ring a bell", Morana admits, not knowing enough to be ashamed of the fact. Her mother used to love horror movies. The woman was terrified of them, always fearing for the next week after for her life but she always said it was worth it. 

"Well", Percy starts. "If neither of us is dead in a few days, we really ought to fix that", he says, turning to look at the shorter girl who turns to him. "You're missing out", he swings his arm to gently nudge her's. Her eyes twinkle with amusement but she just turns back towards the gates that are now in front of them. 

"In the mean time, we should probably get this over with, though", he states as he too turns to the rusty, turning entrance gates that scream abandoned. 

Morana nods in agreement, Percy walking to the spinning thing. Morana waits behind him as he starts to push himself through. But a noise catches Morana's attention, making her direct her eyes towards the top of the entrance spinner. 

"Perce, stop!" Morana exclaims, holding her hands out as if it would make him stay still. The boy looks up, him too now hearing the rattling of metal. No- celestial bronze.