XXX

☠︎

Morana lets the burial shroud fall into the fire. The laurel wreath is placed gracefully on top of her curls. 

The cloth that's now burning, was of beautiful black silk, golden details added with yarn. 

"Seems a shame not to bury you in it", Percy whispers in her ear, making her jab her elbow into his ribs, making him let out a grunt of pain, his burial shroud burning next to her's, Grover's and Annabeth's. 

Morana can just make out the word 'LOSER' on his cloth before it turns completely black as it burns. The fire makes light dance on all of their skins as the grin at each other.

Morana looks behind Annabeth and her heart drops a bit. 

Luke. 

The dream still haunts her. She tries not to think of it, turning her eyes back to the fire and watching the warm swirls dance around. 

After that the Camp Fire starts, Apollo kids leading a sing along of songs varying from traditional Camp Fire songs to Taylor Swift and other pop artists. 

Morana, however, falls silent. 

Her eyes find Luke and his joyful grin. There's slight dark circles under his eyes and as Morana stares longer, takes in everything about him, she can see how the smile twitches ever now and then. She can see how his eyes glance around as if waiting for something to jump at him. 

"I'm going to talk to Luke about Clarisse", Percy tells Morana, Annabeth and Grover. Grover hardly hears him, too focused on sharing stories about the quest with his satyr friends who all admire the goat-boy's newly appointed searcher's license. 

"We'll stay and make sure she doesn't go anywhere", Annabeth tells Percy who nods and then turns to Morana. She drags her eyes to him, reluctantly looking away from Luke. 

Morana nods and the boy walks off.

When Percy join Luke, the Hermes boy's eyes light up. Or they seem to light up. 

"Then I got nearly sucked into Tartarus! Morana raced after me but even she couldn't stop me from being dragged! It was crazy scary!" Grover continues his story.

That makes Morana wonder. They never really talked about that accident. They had a much more threatening trial ahead and they were just happy Grover was okay.