13| Good morning, sunshine

I hover the bracelet into the air, focusing on the spell. I take a deep breath once it finishes. The bracelet drops in my hand. I smile, feeling the magic inside it. I get up and walk down the hall to Lizzie's room.

It's only been one full day since she's been here and my mom was really on the fence about it. I had to lie to her again. It's not like I could tell her that she's my step sister. She knows she's a witch. I told her that she is Strange's niece that needs sanctuary for a little bit.

But Lizzie comes from a different coven of witches known as the Gemini witches. She has a twin sister named Josie. They both are Siphon witches which means they aren't born with magic of their own but siphon energy to turn into magic.

And once they turn twenty two the merge will start. They will have to fight and only one will win. The other will die and be essentially absorbed by the other. Caroline has been looking for something to stop it.

I can't imagine how she feels. Knowing only in a few years that she'll have to fight her sister. And only one of them will live. But from what she's said, she's not super close to her sister.

That's why I made this bracelet. It'll hold bits of my magic at a time for her to use in case of an emergency. She knows about the Blackthorn witches. That's why she was sent here. And as much as I want to hate Klaus, in a way I'm grateful that he sent Lizzie here for me.

I hold up the bracelet as Lizzie walks out of her room. She grabs it and smiles.

"It's gorg."

"It'll hold a little of my magic at a time in case you need to use it."

"You didn't have to do that."

"I'm just being cautious."

"Girls! School, now!"

I roll my eyes and we head downstairs. I grab my keys and we go to my car. We're already super late.

I drive to school, getting there late so I'm parked in a shitty spot in the parking lot. Today is Lizzie's second day but she's already got her classes down. We go our separate ways.

At lunch I pull out a chair across from Allison as she reads a book aloud. Lizzie sits beside Allison, looking at the book she's reading. Allison has been more welcoming of Lizzie than Lydia. I'm not really surprised.

"Listen 'a quadruped wolf like monster prowling the Auburn in South Dordogne areas of France during the year 1764 to 1767. La bete killed over 100 people, becoming so infamous that King Louis XIV sent one of his best hunters to try and kill it."

"Okay, what is this exactly?"

I look at Lydia for an answer as Allison is too enthralled in her book.

"One of her ancestors."

"Even the church eventually declared the monster a messenger of satan." Allison continues.

"Boring."

"Just take a look at this picture. What does it look like to you?"

Allison turns the book around so Lydia and I can see the picture. I glance at the picture, knowing exactly what it looks like. I look over at Lydia who is staring at the picture and completely zoned out.

"Lyd?"

"It looks like a big wolf. See you in history."

She abruptly gets up and walks away.

"So, you're doing your project on a hunter?"

"Did you figure out who you're doing yours on?" Allison asks. "Either of you?"