22| I don't know how this will end

I walk into Harris class and only see Stiles sitting at a table. I walk past him and sit at an empty table. I pull out my notebook, looking up as Lizzie walks in.

"My three least favorite students. This is.. perfect."

"How is it perfect?" I ask. "You're literally spending your free time making us suffer."

"Exactly.. perfection."

I roll my eyes. I start doing homework because what else am I going to do with this time. I'm still wondering how the hell Scott didn't get a detention. I didn't even do anything.

A few hours later I hear Lizzie groan behind me. I turn around and she's staring up at the ceiling. I try not to laugh but she looks miserable.

"Could you be any louder?"

"I literally wanna kill myself, Liv."

"So dramatic."

"Shut up!"

I turn around, twisting my hand. A branch smacks against the window, scaring Harris.

"Those God damn kids!" He stands up. "Nobody move."

I quickly put all my stuff in my bag and walk to his desk to grab my phone. I look at Stiles, tilting my head. He smiles and gets up. I throw him his phone. I grab Lizzie's phone and we all walk out.

"Did Allison also call you guys fifteen times?"

I check my phone.

"Yep."

"Same." Stiles calls Allison back, putting the call on speaker. "Hey, sorry, Harris literally just let us out of detention. Well, actually we just left."

I look around, sensing something off. I drop my bag, clenching my fists.

"Liv?"

"Get out of here."

I turn around to look at Stiles and Lizzie. Stiles shakes his head but Lizzie pushes him towards his Jeep. The parking lot is empty besides the Jeep and Harris' car.

The Jeep disappears and I'm left alone. I twist my hands, turning around and throwing an energy blast. I stand up straight when I realize who it is.

"Emma?" I say. "What the hell is wrong with you! I could've killed you!"

"A war is coming, Olivia." She says. "And I'm afraid the mutants are torn."

"What are you talking about?"

She takes a few steps forward and I realize she's not alone. Dozens of mutants stand behind her.

"What they did to my daughter.." Her eyes are glossy. "The Blackthorn witches deserve to burn to the ground."

"That doesn't explain why you're back."

"Charles tried rallying mutants to your aid, Olivia.. but there are many that are scared of what you will become."

I look at the mutants behind her. I recognize many of them from when I was younger. They all get on their knees. I look back at Emma who does the same.

"What is this?"

"We stand behind you.. the Violet Witch... and the Almighty Tribrid."

"I never wanted any of this. I don't want any of you to die for me."

"We've made our decision. When the time for war comes.. we will be by your side."

"I'm not a God.. you don't need to kneel."

"You have more power than any God ever will."

I'm fine going into a war against Ursula and the Blackthorn witches. I'm fine risking my own life to ensure they don't get my power. But I'm not willing to risk the lives of anyone else.