15| You'll always find your way home

I sit at the old table where Bella and I used to color and do puzzles. The house is filled with memories that I will never forget.

I look over my shoulder as Davina stares at me. She walks further into the room, sitting across from me.

"How are you doing?"

I stare at the necklace in my hand. The matching one around my neck.

"How is she doing?"

"I was able to restore her old memories.. essentially making her the person she was before she died."

"She has to die again, doesn't she?"

I look up with tears in my eyes. She takes a deep breath.

"The spell used to bring her back is some of the darkest magic." She says. "Leaving her alive will do more damage to her.. and to you."

I wipe the tear that escaped my eye. She grabs my free hand.

"I see so much of myself in you.. I think that's why I want to protect you."

"Hate to break it to you but I don't really need protecting."

She chuckles and it makes me smile.

"I'm well aware."

"I love you, Davina."

The words slip out of my mouth before I even have time to think.

"I love you too, pumpkin." She smiles. "Now, it's time for you to say the goodbye you never got the chance to say."

She stands up and I follow her down the hall to Bella's old room. She stops before walking in.

"Let me know when you're ready."

I slowly nod and walk in. Bella's lying on her bed. I walk towards it and sit beside her. She looks sickly. The darkness is still around her eyes. She smiles and the tears start streaming down my face.

"You can't let her win, Liv."

"I don't want to talk about her.. I only have a little time with you."

"She will start a war."

"Bells."

"She will no hesitate to start a war."

I put my hand over hers.

"Your four horseman.. you need them."

"Bella.."

"The Kitsune.. the Banshee.. the Archer.. and the Witch."

She sounds like a crazy person. Someone having some sort of episode.

"You've already found three of the four."

"What?"

"Lizzie.. she is your witch." She whispers. "Once the four horseman are by your side.. a great evil will appear."

"Bella, what the hell are you talking about?"

"Wanda gave me a warning to give you."

Now she really sounds crazy because Wanda is dead but I guess so was she.

"I love you, Liv, more than anyone. Don't let them turn you into a villain. You are a Mikaelson but you don't need to act like one."

"I wish we had more time."

She smiles and it breaks my heart. She knows she'll have to die all over again.

"We were never meant to have time. I was meant to be a lesson in your story. And that's okay."

"It's not okay.. you should've never died."

Tears stream down her cheeks. I never expected any of this. I never expected to see her again.

"I knew I was going to die, Liv. It needed happen for you to become who you were always meant to be." She smiles. "The Violet Witch.. the Almighty Tribrid. We'll meet again one day."

My throat closes in and I don't want to say. I don't know how I'm supposed to say goodbye.

"You don't have to say anything. I'll be at peace knowing you're in good hands with Lizzie."

I let go of her hand once I feel Davina behind me.

"Maybe in another life I saved you."

"You're never meant to save me.. in every universe it's meant to be this way. You'll always find your way home."

"You were my home."

"And now it's someone else." She forces a smile this time. "Tell Stiles he's still a dork."

I laugh and nod. I stand up, looking at Davina. She puts her hand on my shoulder before walking to Bella's bedside. I take one last look at Bella before rushing out of the room.

I walk outside, sitting on the steps. I stare blankly up at the sky. I let out a deep breath. I turn my head as Lizzie sits down.

"How you doing?"

"I don't know."

"I'm sorry."

"It's fine."

"It's not." She says. "This whole situation is fucked up."

She's not wrong. But she's made it a lot better in the short time she has spent here. She's technically family but our bond isn't forced. I'm not forced to like her but I do.

"I'm not leaving your side, Liv.. we're sisters now. We stick together."

I smile and nudge her.

"Thanks for being the sister I've always wanted."

"Same."

She smiles like she really means it. And it means a lot knowing she has a sister of her own back home.

"Till the end?"

She takes a moment as if she's really thinking about it.

"Till the end."

I lean my head against her shoulder and we sit, watching the stars.