28| Shut up and let me save you

I stare at the wall of pictures. All the stories of the gruesome Klaus Mikaelson seem like lies. In almost every picture he's smiling. He doesn't look like the killer that I've heard about.

"He loves you, you know.."

"He has a funny way of showing it."

"It was for your protection, Olivia."

I turn around to Caroline.

"The amount of times I've been told that since finding out is.. insane."

She looks down the cups of tea in her hands. It's not her fault.

"I'm sorry.." I say. "You really had no say in any of this."

"I've told him for years to try and contact you." She smiles. "He saw you one day with your parents at a park. How happy you were and he didn't want to disrupt that. The way he described it was beautiful."

"You really love him."

She laughs and nods her head.

"It wasn't always like that.. trust me." She says. "He was a cruel man but for some reason I was almost his weakness. It took me years to go on one date with him."

"And?"

"I fell in love." She smiles. "It helps that we'll both get to spend all of eternity together."

My heart sinks. They're both vampires which means they'll never have to say goodbye to one another. Me on the other hand, I don't get that luxury.

"How romantic.."

"Loving as a vampire is hard. Especially if you fall in love with a mortal."

"It sucks."

"You love that boy."

I slowly nod. I never thought I'd be able to be with him. And knowing that one day our time together will end haunts me. It's kept me up at night more time's than I can count. 

"I'm not here to talk about my love life.."

She smiles and nods. Lizzie walks in with a map and a huge smile on her face. 

"I've already got a plan."

She goes over the plan about a million times even though I already understood after the first time. I throw a portal and we both look at Caroline. 

She slowly nods and we walk through it. I move my mask over my mouth and nose. Lizzie starts walking but I grab her hand and pull her back. 

"I'm sorry about this, Lizzie." She looks at me confused. "Sleep."

I catch her body before it falls to the ground. I throw a portal and levitate her body through it. I look at the warehouse that's about a hundred yards away. 

It's surrounded by hybrids. They're all vampire and werewolf hybrids that he made that turned on him. Imagine that. 

I throw another portal that leads to right in front of it. They all turn their guns to me. I hold my hands up in defense. I twist my hand and their guns turn to dust. 

"It's the tribrid!"

Their fangs come out and they eyes turn black. They all run towards me. I throw my arms out and their bodies are thrown feet away. 

"Pathetic."

I walk inside and more hybrids await me. I start throwing energy blasts at them until they're all out of my way. I walk over the body of one of them when I notice something on his neck. 

I kneel down, turning his neck to get a better look. It's a mark I've seen in one of Strange's books. Like a tattoo but kind of like a birthmark. 

I yell out in pain when claws scratch into my back. I stand up, turning around. I hold my hand out to the hybrid. I twist my hand and snap their neck. 

I look down the hall and see a door with a lock around it. I slowly walk towards it. I break the lock off and open it. Unsurprisingly, Klaus hangs in the middle like an animal. 

He looks up and I think I am the last person he expected to see. I walk towards him and tilt my head. 

"You claim to hate me.. and yet here you are... saving me."

"Don't get your hopes up.. Caroline called."

I start to take the chains off of his hands. 

"You still came."

"Shut up and let me save you."

He smirks and I ignore it. I get him out of the chains. He's weak, I can tell. He probably hasn't been able to feed on top of being tortured. 

I throw a portal and the motion makes me wince in pain and he takes notice. We both walk through the portal. 

I get through it and fall to the ground. He comes to my side. My whole body is in pain. 

"What's wrong?"

"One of your stupid hybrids.. scratched me."

Caroline runs in and he bites his wrist. He inches his wrist towards my mouth. 

"I'm not drinking your blood."

"That scratch will kill you. Are you ready to become the tribrid?" I shake my head. "Okay.. then drink."

I give in, drinking his blood.