Arranged to fall in love - 2

Armaan entered his room in distress after his heart to heart conversation with his mother. He sighed seeing the time. He usually wished Ruhi "Good Night" but this time, something was different. He noticed a petite figure scooped up in his cotton blanket. Even though he wanted to smack her up right now, something stopped him. His heart did. 

"Hey! get out of the couch, it's my night stay!" Armaan shouted loud enough for Abhira to wake up,. 

"Arre, can't you see I've already occupied the couch? or did god forget to give you eyes?" Abhira snapped back. "There's a whole big, wide and comfy bed for you to sleep on. Take it." 

Armaan just stared at her with pure hate. "I can't let you sleep on the couch, or I wouldn't  have mind if you slept or not." 

"I don't quiet get you." 

Armaan just sighed at the amount of energy she had to argue even at the middle of the night, when most humans are tired. He just couldn't take it anymore. "Just go to the bed ok. I don't want to repeat 100 times." 

"I won't." Abhira answered with the same determination. "Why should I?" 

"Because-, you know what. Sleep on the couch if you want." Armaan sighed in defeat. 

"thank you." 

"You're not welcome." 

"Still, thank you." 

"Shut up. You're annoying." 

"Whatever.." 

Armaan pulled a pillow out and jumped on the bed throwing the decorations down. Before shutting his eyes, he glanced at his phone hoping a response from Ruhi. Sadly, he didn't get a response which made him anxious. He shared a glimpse on Abhira, who was sleeping peacefully making him smile and before he knew it he fell in a deep sleep. 

                                                                       ───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

Abhira woke up exactly at seven thirty. She adjusted the setting of the couch before sleepily staring at her husband. He was cute. Only when he was asleep. She took her dress out of Armaan's gigantic closet and quickly got dressed with minimal makeup and some newly coated bangles. This time she didn't see a "Abhira Sharma" but a Poddar..

"Abhira?" Dadisa greeted her pota-bahu. "Early." 

"Y..yes." Abhira muttered under her breath. "Should I serve tea?" 

"No beta, why would you? new bahus aren't supposed to do these things. Go serve yourself." 

"But dadisa...I don't know how to cook anything except maggi and lemonade." Abhira said earning a chuckle from the elders.  

"Well then, Vidya, go teach Abhira how to make rice kheer." Dadisa said.  "Abhira, your mother-in-law will teach you how to make Kheer." 

"S..sure." Vidya said rolling her eyes. "Ma sa I need to check upon Armaan too.." 

"Let Abhira do that." Dadisa smiled. "Abhira, go and wake up Armaan." 

Abhira froze hearing the statement. Waking up that khadus nalayak man? definitely!  "Sure dadisa." 

Abhira rushed to the room only to find Armaan without his shirt on, aimlessly looking for his coat. 

"Shit yaar! where the heck is this coat.." Armaan hissed in anger. 

"Oh god oh god oh god."  Abhira chanted in her brain. "Chalo Abhira, do the work you were supposed to." 

"Uhm..may I come in?" Abhira asked. "I might or might not know where your coat is." 

Armaan turned at the door only to see his wife trying very hard not to spare a glance at him while clutching the door knob tightly. 

"Come in." Armaan answered coldly.  "Where the heck is the coat?" 

Abhira gulped as she found it hard to digest the scenery in front of her. Her husband who had a body of a geek god with messy hair. Hayee! She knew how bad she was blushing. No Abhira! focus! he's your arranged husband! A voice alerted her. 

"Well, I think your coat might be in this drawer?" Abhira said pointing at the drawer beside the couch.  "G..guess." 

"Why would it be there?" Armaan said buttoning his shirt in a hurry. 

"Just check..coat kahin udkar nahi jayega na?" Abhira rolled her eyes at Armaan. 

"And if it isn't there?" Armaan snapped. "What do I wear?" 

"Wear something. It's not like you look different or better in anything." Abhira muttered under her breath. "Just check." 

Armaan nodded unhappily before limping towards the drawer. He glared at Abhira before opening the drawer but to his horror he found his coat in there. 

"Joke?" 

"Uhmm, no?" 

"Seriously?" 

"Yeah, obviously. I just guessed." Abhira said hiding her face. 

"Abhira. Please don't mess around with my stuff. I had a meeting today which I probably missed all thanks to you!" Armaan barked harshly before leaving the room. 

                                                                          ───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

"So Mrs. Poddar..tell me how's your hot hubby?" Riddhi joked slurping her coke nudging a sad Abhira. "Bata na." 

"What the heck am I supposed to say? he might look really sanskari but he isn't!! I still don't know what mumma found soo good in him.." Abhira pouted. "Riddhs yaar, marry me! I'm sure you'll be better than him." 

"And if I'm not?" Riddhi smiled. "he's kinda hot though-" 

"Well, he is but that doesn't make you want to stay with him?" 

"Of course I want to!! I read all those mafia books, where the husband is initially cold but when he falls for her-" 

"Cut! nope sorry! my life is 100% ruined. He's such a jerk! he might be kind but that's imagination and delusional thinking Riddhs." 

"Soo? okay so well, I didn't call you here to fight with me. Listen, you know Aahan? he started a business. He asked me whether you would work it out with us or not, just join up! you'll have a change." Riddhi said. "Payment kaafi high fi hain." 

Abhira thought for a while. She knew if she told her in-laws they'd initially deny. "Are you sure?" 

"10000%" Riddhi said scrolling through her phone. "Tell meee! fast!!" 

"Well I don't know the reaction of my in-laws but trust me, I will try my best Riddhs. Don't say anything to Aahan. Tell me I'm thinking about it. I'll text you later?" Abhira replied earning a grin from Riddhi. 

"That's my bestiee! chalo then. Milte hain!!" Riddhi said pulling Abhira into a bone-crashing hug. 

"Byee!" Abhira grinned pulling out of the hug. 

                                                                              ───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

hey there, hry? I really have nothing to say, just the usual. I'll be updating soon! (woh soon kab aata hai bhagwan jaanta hai..) :)