School nahi jaana! - (OS)

"Mahira!" Abhira shouted from the balcony. "You're getting late beta." 

"Kyaa mummaaa...i don't want to go to school." Mahira said pouting sleepily. 

Mahira was AbhiMaan's 6 year old daughter who was the apple of every Poddar's eye. Her charm and smile both were irresistible. The entire house was always on their toes for their princess Mahira. She just needed to say something and it was served. 

"Mahi beta, you need to go to school. Why don't you want to? you said today's Diksha's birthday. Then? isn't she your best friend.." 

"Mummaa..Diksha told me she'll be celebrating it tomorrow. " Mahira smiled deviously. "And Avni ma'am is absent today." 

"So? Avni ma'am teaches math, baaki subjects ki toh aarahi hain na?" Abhira said folding her hands across her chest. 

"But mumma you only said that maths is impotant." 

"Important meri ma, now English ki bhi zyada zaroorat hai, come on." 

"nahi nahi I don't wanna go to school pleasee mummaa..." Mahira said kicking the blanket. 

"Mahi, I'll take you to the mall if you go. It's just 6 hours of studying. Then it's the weekend." Abhira said cupping her daughter's face. 

"then make it three days." Mahira said hiding her face. 

"Mahiraa.." 

Glancing  at the time, Vidya came rushing into the room to see her grand- daughter who was in a argument with Abhira. Vidya sighed seeing the scene. She knew this was everyday drama. 

"Mahira." Vidya softly called her, causing Mahira to jump out of the bed. 

"Dadiiii" 

"Beta, let's get ready for school. I got a message from the teacher. She wants to see my cute Mahi's face." 

"No dadi, I know you are lying. Krish chachu told me yesterday about this." 

"Krish ke bacche." Abhira murmured hearing her daughter's response.  "Mahi, you know chachu jokes." 

"No mumma, he showed me the evidence too. I'm not going to school!" 

Vidya face palmed herself and sighed. "Abhira, let's give her a holiday." 

"But ma, this is the 5th holiday she's taken in a month." Abhira said.  "Isn't it too much?" 

Vidya nodded.  "But what can we possibly do?" 

"Mahii!!" A loud voice enlightened Mahira's mood as she jumped out of her blanket and ran to hug the person. 

"Papaaaaaa.." 

Armaan was back from a 3 day long trip from Kerala after finishing his case. He certainly couldn't live without his princess. His Mahi.

"Princess, why aren't you in your uniform. Are you unwell?" Armaan asked putting the balloons and pastries on the table. 

"Yes papa." Mahi fake coughed earning a stare from Abhira. "Look na, mumma is sending me to school." 

Armaan tried to hold his laughter seeing his daughter's antics. "Whattt? my princess is sick? what's wrong?" 

"I..i have a cold and coughing." Mahi said trying to sound hoarse. "Pleasee papa..tell mumma." 

Armaan and Abhira looked at eachother blankly.  "Mahira." 

"yes papa?" 

"why don't you want to go to school? you know I was also like you. Guess what, your dadi used to scare me with the name of injection and send me. Once, I ignored her threat and stayed at home and the next moment she was getting a big  injection for those who don't go to school. You don't want to get an injection don't you princess? that to from mumma. The devil." Armaan said. 

"Oh hello? devil?" 

"Ji bilkul the devill" 

Mahira stood stunned by the story her father narrated. Her heart told her she should believe him while her mind denied. 

"But papa, where did dadi get the injection from?" 

"From my teacher. He hated the students who never came to school. I heard you took 5 holidays. I bet your teacher might be sending a big injection." 

"Hawww...but-" 

"No buts, either you get it or don't. You still have 30-35 mins to get ready princess. You decide." Armaan said.  

"papa, you know what, I'll go to school. Dadi is the breakfast ready?" Mahira asked innocently making Abhira laugh. 

"Haan beta. Go join them all." Vidya smiled.

"Okayy dadii!! byee." 

All three burst out laughing seeing a change in Mahira's behavior. 

"Drama queen." Abhira whispered.  "Bilkul apne papa ki tarah." 

"I agree!" Vidya joked.  "Ye bhi konsa innocent tha." 

"Meri beti hain.." Armaan said embarrassed.  "Koi nahi, atleast school toh ja rahi hai." 

"ARMAAN." Vidya and Abhira said together. "You'll jinx it!!" 

"Okay baba, sorry..I'll leave too or else god knows what'll happen." 

"Armaan.." Abhira sighed . 

                                                                                      **************

Hey here's a short OS for my readers. A fun suggestion from Aditi :) (Thank you!) I'll be updating my series soon, so please do stick along. I always wanted something like this but i'm sure we won't get it with the yrkkh writers 🌚 Vote target 90+ 

byeee <3