Second Chance - 3

A/N - Parth is our new character.. 

                                                                                        *****

Abhira was broken. Broken at an extent where she couldn't even look at her husband's face. She loved him so much that her existence became a own question. She was hurt by a lie that decided 4 lives. She left the resort in hatred and no hopes. After all she was a responsibility. Abhira was suddenly walking on the road with her focus somewhere else, she was lost, lost in her pain that she didn't even realize a truck coming in her direction until some strong hands scooped her up. 

"Are you gone mad Mrs. Poddar?" The man asked worriedly examining her head to  toe in search of injuries.   "Abhira??" 

Abhira glanced at the man weakly before recognizing him. "P..prashant?" 

Prashant looked at her with utmost care and helped her to his car. Abhira just walked along without any denials.  Prashant handed her a water bottle and a napkin.  

"Abhira, what's wrong huh? Why were you roaming around alone on this abandoned road? " Prashant asked while his eyes were glued to the road.  "You know it's unsafe. It took me a while to recognize you..how come you're in Mussoorie? Dev sir was asking me..." 

Abhira just sat mum. Even after several questions, she chose not to answer. Prashant looked at her as if she was some statue.  

"Bologi ya nahi?"  Prashant asked concerned.  "Tell me Abhira..." 

"Prashant, tell me am I that bad" Abhira said breaking the silence.  "Tell me honestly." 

Prashant gave her a confused look.  "After my 15 mins of interrogation, you're asking this?" 

"Tell me.." Abhira whispered.  

"Umm..of course you aren't, you're the bestest person I've met Mrs. poddar." Prashant said weirdly.  "Friendship day hai kya?" 

Abhira sighed hearing Prashant's lame ways to make her laugh.  "No, just asking." 

"Really? i don't trust you..where's Armaan though?" 

Abhira stopped short in her track.. she was on the road alone, because of him. His betrayal. 

"H..he's.." Abhira stopped thinking of an answer.

Prashant looked at Abhira and noticed dried tear marks on her face. "You had an argument?" 

"Uhmm..no.." 

"Lying na?" 

"It's nothing like that.." 

"Abhira..I know you very well. Tell me, what happened." Prashant asked with a different tone making Abhira gulp.  

Abhira not being able to take it any longer narrated the entire thing that happened. Unknowingly tears started to fall out of her eyes and she found herself crying on Prashant's shoulder. Prashant tried to calm her, knowing she was hurt beyond repair. She was cheated by someone she maybe loved. 

"Abhira...please calm down. I'm sure it's a misunderstanding." Prashant said patting her head gently.  "I'm sure it's a hoax. It can't be true." 

"It isn't! I..i fell for the man who I never knew would hurt me...I fell so hard that i can't take this pain.." Abhira said crying harder.  "What did I do to deserve this pain? huh?" 

Prashant silently nodded and sat along till Abhira stopped crying.,  "You feel better?" 

"A bit lighter I would say.." Abhira said wiping her tears. 

"Hmm...I'm so sorry you went through this Abhira, you're an amazing person..I don't think you should cry over someone who gave you this pain. he doesn't deserve these tears. " Prashant said wiping her with a tissue.  

Abhira nodded.  "Thanks Prashant. You're definitely the best friend anyone would want." 

Prashant smiled at Abhira.  '"let's go and have some ice cream shall we?" 

"Bilkul ji.." Abhira giggled. 

                                                                                         ~*~ 

Armaan sat their lifeless in his room. He  knew he had hurt Abhira, but he still didn't know where she had found the papers. He wanted to hug her, pull her into his solace and tell her that she was always safe with him, he would love her no matter what..but alas, god always had other plans. He dialed Abhira's number for the 7th time without leaving hopes. He had a small hope she would answer him. He cursed himself for acting careless. He cursed himself for agreeing with Ruhi. 

Ruhi on the other hand broke down completely. Was her fate equally as bad as Abhira's? it was worse..she thought.  First she lost her dad, her matashree, poppy, Abhir, her akshu maasi, rohit and now maybe Armaan. Why was god so evil. Especially with her? But this time, she was more than confident to win her Armaan back...at any cost. 

                                                                                           ~*~ 
Hi! tysm for the votes for the 2nd chapter <3 I'm not able to write long chapters due to my studies rn. It'll take me a week to get back on track with my lengthy updates! Just incase you don't know who prashant is...then he's from my second series 'Against the love' so do check it out! :)  *Parth's character* 

byeee <3