Second Chance - 4

How Hard could love be? how long would it test us?

                                                                       *************

Armaan's hand shaked continuously as he managed to get hold of the pen. He didn't want to sign the papers. But again, she left. Breaking another relation for a lifetime. It had been 2 days but he didn't sleep properly, his heart ached at the thought of the betrayal he had given to his Abhira or maybe simply, Abhira. Only he knew the amount of time he spent calling her. This time if he realized anything, it was his love for Abhira, which he had taken for granted. 

"Kuch to khalo?" Ruhi said placing the plate infront of Armaan.  

"how should I?" Armaan said sadly, "Did Abhira lift the call?" 

Ruhi's eyes welled with tears. She wasn't feeling selfish, she was hurt. Hurt by Armaan's new found realization that he belonged to Abhira..truly hers. Maybe her fate was really that bad.

"No.." Ruhi sighed.  "Please eat. You haven't eaten anything since yesterday." 

"I can't Ruhi..I can't.." Armaan said panicking.  "I hurt Abhira..I can't." 

"Calm down please.." Ruhi said patting Armaan shoulder. "Life is unfair Armaan. Very." 

"Hmm...i don't know where and how she is."   Armaan sighed taking a bite of his food,  "Ruhi, I think we should apologize and tell her the truth." 

Ruhi stopped short, "Tell the t..truth?" 

Armaan nodded.  

"But Armaan, she won't listen to us...she's really angry."  Ruhi said.  

"I need to get her back..chahe jo kuch hojaye."  

"W..what about us?" Ruhi's voice cracked. 

"Ruhi, after Abhira's outbreak I realized one thing, that we weren't meant to be together. Abhira's my wife, I'm married and have to work towards my relationship with Abhira. You chose to marry my brother..now that you are free from that relation. Move on, we can't be together, atleast not in  this lifetime." Armaan said,  "I loved you Ruhi, but I realized something more for Abhira, my love and my care for Abhira. Whatever happened that time was a infatuation which really doesn't deserve to be considered real. You deserve someone better than me. I'm sure you will find the perfect one for yourself." 

Ruhi silently listened to Armaan. Somewhere in her heart she knew he wasn't wrong. Her obsession and desperateness was somehow a wrong feeling, especially for someone who was now married.  

"You're right Armaan, I believe Abhira doesn't deserve this betrayal. I've seen the love and adoration for you in her eyes.." Ruhi smiled.  "Thank you for being with me all this time. Now it's Abhira's turn." 

Armaan's eyes lit up hearing Ruhi's words.  He hugged her before giving her a huge smile. "T...thank you Ruhi." 

"No, don't say that..if you're happy, I'm too.." Ruhi chuckled.  "Let's start afresh, as buddies?" 

"I would love that."  Armaan smiled weakly. 

                                                                                         ~*~ 

Abhira sat alongside with Prashant. After her outbreak, he didn't force her to really talk about the incident. He knew the after effects of a nasty hasty break up..especially when it happens suddenly and with the person you love. He noticed her carefully eating her ice-cream. A peaceful yet devious face of hers, the exact concentration he had seen when he first met her;  

Flashback :- 

"You're late Prashant!"  Dev Shikhawat sighed glancing at the clock.  "Now what?" 

Prashant bit his lip in embarrassment he was facing, "It won't happen again, I promise."  

"We don't really know if you'll get a case to work on.." Dev said going through the files. 

Prashant examined the entire room seeing the pairs work on cases Dev had assigned, his eyes went directly on a table that had a seat left for one, beside the chair was a girl with a high pony tail, office attire to be swooned on. 'ABHIRA SHARMA' was the name plate displayed, conveying her significance. "How about her?" 

Dev nodded,  "You've found one! thanks to god, now hurry up." 

Prashant walked over to the girl who was busy writing something.  "Hey, guess we're partners." 

Abhira's eyes shot up examining him.  "Okay, hey" 

Prashant stood their embarrassed,  He lend his hand for a handshake.  "Prashant. Prashant Basu." 

"Abhira. Abhira Poddar." She exaggerated.  "Nice to meet you, now your task is to continue writing these points, while i work on the pen drive." 

Prashant stood their confused. "Atleast explain me the case ma'am." 

He noticed a silence fall upon her.  "It's alright if you don't want to..atleast tell me the background of the case." 

Abhira smiled softly and explained the case adding the details.  "So you got it or round two for explanation?" 

"Nope! I got you..I got the case I mean." 

"Perfect." The duo high-fived each other before getting onto work. 

Flashback ends :-

Prashant smiled recalling their first meet. He glanced at Abhira,  "So, should I drop you home?" 

Abhira shook her head in denial. "Can I stay at your place for a while if alright?" 

Prashant gasped at her statement. "My place?" 

Abhira nodded, "Is it not possible? I'll go back home no big-"

"No it's not like that, but I don't think there's extra space for you..It's me, my sister and my parents living life in a small 2BHK flat.." Prashant said.  "Sorry na.." 

"It's okay, totally okay. I'll manage. Just for the night." 

"Sure? you can take my room and i'll sleep outside.."

"No bilkul nahi! just because I'm a guest doesn't mean you'll get yourself uncomfortable.." Abhira said "I'm used to sleeping in congested areas."

Prashant smiled,  "Seriously yaar...you're too understanding." 

"I should be saying that to you Prashant, thanks for sticking around me for the whole day. I've felt alot much better. " 

"Abhira can I ask you something?" Prashant said getting serious.  "W..will you go back to Armaan?" 

                                                                             *************

Hey hru? sorry for the delayed update. Who do you want Abhira to end with, an apologetic Armaan or lovey-dovey Prashant? Will write according to that. *sorry for too many questions* 

byee <3