SHOT 40

Third person's pov!

Parinidhi sighed looking at the resignation letter she wrote. She had been adamant on not resigning from the job, but she couldn't get over what happened last night.

She was okay with him burying her with workload. She had taken it all as a challenge, cursing him.

But what he did yesterday was unacceptable. It was clear for her that he hadn't intended to harm her in any way. He was only trying to intimidate her. But his attitude to all that. Believing that it is okay to threaten a girl with rape or any similar assault if she dares to speak her mind..

She couldn't accept that. The whole night she had laid awake, twisting and turning, wondering why she had to bear with it all.

Yes, poverty is a very strong reason to tolerate many things. But no poverty would make her tolerate Siddharth Raichand's behaviour like yesterday's.

"Hey, Nidhi. How did it go yesterday? None of us expected to cross path with Mr Rai. And even if we did, nobody expected him to drag you away like that. We didn't go for the movie last night. After you left with Mr Rai, we all went back home." Swati said as she came towards Nidhi. She forced a smile on her face.

"Why did you cancel the plan? You could all have gone for the movie." Nidhi said softly.

"We all planned to go together. We weren't in the mood after you left." Swati said with a shrug.

As Nidhi made her way towards Siddharth's cabin to submit her resignation letter, her mind was a whirlwind of conflicting emotions. The weight of the previous night's events pressed heavily on her heart, and she struggled to reconcile her feelings towards Siddharth.

His actions had been deplorable, and she couldn't shake the anger and indignation she felt at being treated so disrespectfully. The very idea that he believed it was acceptable to intimidate her in such a manner left her seething with rage.

Yet, amidst the anger and resentment, there lingered a strange undercurrent of emotion that Nidhi couldn't quite understand. Whenever Siddharth was around, she felt a strange fluttering in her stomach, a tension that was both unsettling and strangely exhilarating. She hated herself for it, for allowing herself to feel anything other than contempt for the man who had treated her the way he did.

At the same time, the reality of her family's financial struggles weighed heavily on her mind, casting a shadow of doubt over her decision to resign. She was the sole breadwinner in her family, and her decision to leave her job would undoubtedly plunge them into even greater hardship. Her sister did take tuitions, but her earnings were meagre.

Nidhi's heart ached at the thought of her parents and siblings, relying on her to provide for them. She might be the younger daughter of the family, but she had always been their rock, their source of strength and support, and the thought of letting them down filled her with guilt.

Yet, she couldn't continue to work under Siddharth's oppressive and demeaning behaviour. She deserved better, and she refused to compromise her self-respect any longer.

Taking a deep breath to calm her racing heart, Nidhi approached Siddharth's cabin. She knew that submitting her resignation would not be easy, but she was determined to stand her ground and demand the respect and dignity she deserved.

******

Siddharth Raichand paced his cabin like a caged tiger. He had a restless sleep last night.

Okay! He couldn't sleep at all last night.

Whenever he closes his eyes, Parinidhi's accusatory eyes would flash in front of him. Her eyes would brim with tears. And the fear he had wanted to see in her eyes when he tried to scare her would also be there, but instead of feeling the satisfaction, it killed to see that fear in her eyes.

He had never behaved in such a way before with any woman. Yes, he has had multiple relationships over the years, but all those women had approached him and if he had found it acceptable, he had taken them upon their offer.

Never had he ever gone after a woman. And last night, he had misbehaved with Parinidhi.

He hadn't intended to physically harm her, but once he calmed down, he realised physical harm wasn't the only thing that could have happened. What if he had emotionally scarred her by his behaviour yesterday. His parents would be feeling ashamed of him now. If his sister comes to know of what he did, how would he look into her eyes?

No! He really became a rakshas last night like she always calls him.

'You should apologise to her, Sid.' His heart screamed at him.

'You should..' For the first time in his life, his brain agreed to something his heart said.

A knock on the door brought him out of his disturbing thoughts.

"Come in.." He called out and the cabin door opened. Parinidhi Vyas walked in and Sid sucked in a sharp breath.

"Ms Vyas.." He whispered softly and he flinched seeing the anger and hatred in her eyes.

"Mr Raichand, I am here to-" He didn't let her continue, instead walked towards her.

"Parinidhi, I am really sorry for what happened yesterday." Siddharth said in a breath, shocking both himself and Parinidhi.

Nidhi stared at him open-mouthed. She had never expected him to apologise. Never ever!

"I crossed my limits yesterday. I never had any intentions to harm you, Parinidhi. All I wanted to do was to scare you a bit. But I realise I was wrong. That will never be repeated." Siddharth added and Nidhi felt her tongue got paralyzed.

Siddharth noticed the paper in her hand and took it. His eyes widened in horror seeing her resignation letter.

"Ms Vyas, you can always resign if you find it hard to do your work here. But it shouldn't be based on what happened yesterday. That incident will never be repeated. If you are finding the challenges of Rey Designs difficult, you can go ahead and resign." Siddharth said and Nidhi snatched the paper back from him.

"No challenge is ever difficult for Parinidhi Vyas, Mr Raichand. I didn't want to work at a place where women are disrespected the way you disrespected me yesterday. If you ever try something like that again, you will face the consequences, Mr Raichand." Nidhi said coldly and a smile made it's way to Sid's face, which he quickly masked.

His face hardened into his usual grumpy state and he took a large bundle of files from the table besides him.

"Enter all this data into the system before five in the evening. Get back to work, Ms Vyas." Siddharth snapped coldly and Nidhi looked at him in disbelief.

Does he have multiple personality disorder? She wondered, staring at him.

"Stop gawking at me and get to work, Ms Vyas."

A/N

A Saturday update to compensate for the missing update on Wednesday..

Please do vote, comment and share..

Love,

SF❤️