SHOT 55

Parinidhi's pov!

I woke up to Swati's phone call this morning. She sounded too excited to share some gossip.

"Oh Nidhi. Do you have any idea what is happening in this world?" Swati asked dramatically.

"What is it, Swati, that you had to wake me so early in the morning.." I asked groggily. I looked at the time and realised it was only five in the morning. I could have slept for another hour if Swati hadn't called and disturbed me. As it is, Bhadra Bua would be shouting at me to wake up at six.

"Girl, I didn't sleep last night. You have no idea how I waited until five before calling you.." Swati said and I rolled my eyes.

When it comes to gossiping, Swati is the uncrowned queen. Nobody can beat her. Not even me. Until I met her, I thought I was the biggest gossip queen in the world.. What a misconception it was..

"Okay, tell me what it is. Then I have to go back to sleep.." I said in a bored tone.

I do enjoy gossip, but not at the expense of my precious sleep. Moreover I was having a beautiful dream. My prince charming ran towards me. And that prince charming had a very familiar face.

Siddharth Singh Raichand's face..

My heart beat picked up its pace just thinking about him..

What was he doing to me?

"The news has gone viral on the internet. They will probably get back together and might even get married soon.." Swati was saying and it brought me out of the thoughts of Siddharth ji.

"Who?" I asked, utterly confused.

"Didn't you hear anything I said? Ms Chavan is pregnant with Mr Rai's child.." Swati said, dropping a bomb on my head.

I forgot to even breathe.

"What did you just say?" I asked, finding it hard to breathe.

"I will share with you the article link. Read for yourself. Let me go and call Simran once again. She wasn't picking up my call earlier." Swati said and hung up the call.

I quickly opened my whatsapp and saw that Swati had shared a link with me.

I opened it with a thudding heart.

It was a picture of Bhavna ji coming out of a doctor's cabin. The caption below it was 'Fashion Mogul, Siddharth Singh Raichand Going to Be a Father?'

Staring at the screen of my phone, I felt a wave of emotions crash over me. Siddharth ji, the man who had started to capture my heart, was going to be a father to someone else's baby. The image of him and Bhavna together flashed in my mind, and I couldn't shake off the feeling of heartbreak that washed over me.

How did I even forget that he was a man who had casual affairs with women often. How did I let myself forget all that and start feeling for him? How stupid was I?

I realised then that my feelings for Siddharth ji had grown deeper than I had ever anticipated. The mere thought of him with someone else sent a sharp pain through my chest, tearing at the fragile facade of indifference I had constructed around my heart.

I found myself unable to fall back asleep. My mind was a whirlwind of thoughts, each one more painful than the last. Siddharth ji's face haunted me, and the image of him with Bhavna tormented me relentlessly.

Hours passed in a blur of restless thoughts and anxious anticipation. When it was finally time to head to the Raichand Mansion for work, I felt a sense of dread creeping over me.

I knew I would have to face Siddharth ji and pretend like everything was fine, even though my heart felt like it was breaking into a million pieces.

As I stepped into the mansion, I was greeted with the news of Siddharth ji's and Bhavna's reconciliation. It felt like a dagger through my heart, confirming my worst fears and dashing any hope I had left.

"Nidhi, come here. There's happy news. Sid and Bhavna are back together.." Jeevika ji was saying happily.

I tried to smile for her benefit, but I had no idea how successful it was.

At that moment, I knew I couldn't stay here any longer. The pain of seeing Siddharth ji with Bhavna ji was too much to bear, and I couldn't continue pretending like everything was okay.

I needed to get away, to escape from the constant reminder of what I could never have.

Summoning all my courage, I smiled through it all, as the family members expressed their happiness to each other. Once everyone had retired to do their own work, I found myself alone with Jeevika ji.

Now is the time..

I approached Jeevika ji.

"Jeevika ji, I came to tell you something important.." I began softly and she looked at me curiously.

"What is it, Nidhi? By the way, thank you so much. If not for you, I have no idea what could have happened to me and my baby.." Jeevika ji said, clutching my hands tightly.

"Nothing would have happened, Jeevika ji." I said softly.

"What was it that you wanted to say?" Jeevika ji asked.

"I want to resign, Jeevika ji." I said hesitantly.

She was taken aback, refusing to accept my decision at first. But I was determined to leave, to put as much distance between myself and Siddharth ji as possible.

"We are planning to return to Ratnagiri, our hometown, Jeevika ji. That is why I want to resign. The city life isn't suiting us. And it is difficult to stay away from Mama and Papa. So, we are planning to move back to Ratnagiri.." I lied, somehow wanting to get away from here.

Reluctantly, she agreed, but insisted that I serve the notice period. I agreed, knowing that it would give me the time I needed to make a clean break and start afresh at some other company.

****

The next two weeks were a struggle. A struggle to stay completely out of Siddharth Raichand's sight. And I had succeeded too. Until the party today.

"Nidhi, how is your headache now?" It was Priya di's voice that brought me out of my thoughts of the last month.

I wiped my tears and shot a smile at my sister.

"I am feeling much better now.." I lied through my teeth, but she didn't seem convinced.

Siddharth Singh Raichand! Your part in my story ends today. This is Parinidhi Vyas' promise..

A/N

The flashback is over..

Now it would be the continuation from that party night where Sid said all those things to Nidhi..

Please do vote and comment..

Love,

SF❤️