Chapter 12 - "Fishy-Flashbacks"

[ Short Form explanation : Mrs.Murgi = Mrs.M ]

"So you guys are here for public welfare. Why?"- Mrs.M.

"This is a personal matter, so we can not disclose this to a.. weird looking hen"- kaksh

"Especially to a hen that talks"- Sanskar.

"It's all time-waste guys, let's just move on," Rooh says this while making eye contact with kartavya as if she's indicating something to him.

Kartavya follows Rooh's indication and notices something suspicious then He also agrees to move on.

( When everyone was about to leave , Mrs.M went silenced and then spoke in a low, scared tone )

"Don't go inside, if you don't want to die"-

*Situation Tensed*

"What do you mean."- Samarth

"Outsiders are forbidden here, this island was a blessing to the whole world, but now it's destroyed by cruel humans"- Mrs.M

"By Humans? You mean who" - Rooh

(Mrs.M bit hesitated before saying..!! )

"Settlers here, those outsiders, who came here around 100 years ago!"

"......"Everyone was in shock since they've never heard such information of *Outsiders* living on the island.

"Those outsiders killed all indigenous populations and started living in their places, ever since then this place is cursed by the soul of those innocent peoples"- Mrs murgi

.... "Then what about those outsiders.. are they still here?"- Kartavya asked in a low serious tone.

Mrs. M replied , "Nah! They're dead too, I don't know how either, but they all are. As if Wind ate them alive and left no traces."

"No wonder there were tons of rumors about this island.- Rooh
    ( got goosebumps )

"So now, what should we do?" kartavya asks

"Except the *Returning* because.. We really can't. Even if we want to"- Sanskar continues kartavya's questions.

Mrs.M - "King's People come on sea shore here, twice in a year -"

"Well He tried to kill us"- Kaksh stopped mrs.murgi in the middle.

Mrs.M - "I would've expected that, so what will you guys do now?"

"Ahh!! Leave it, we should just go and find out the solution by ourselves"- Kaksh

"Patience! Please" ( Kartavya replied to kaksh ) ( Kaksh- "Whatever!!")

"Mam.. Can you please at least tell us more about this island, we really do need your help. Right now.
The outside world is in big danger. This journey is not for our benefit, but it is for the world's sake."-  kartavya

"What I'll get in return." - Mrs.M

(!"I've never seen such a greedy hen in my entire life"- Sanskar wishpers. )

"I'll help you. You will help us and I promise. This is just like a deal."- Kartavya

Mrs.M- "You sure, you won't regret saying this later"-

"I never break promises"- Kartavya

..............

Then she tells everyone the backstory.

Flashbacks : I once used to be part of a human family that lived in a small town of Nation mahar. It was a family of 5 people.. Dad, mom, Ashish, salani, and me. Dad used to work for peace force so we often got the chance to visit foreign nations and so one day , another offer came, it was to explore Island X. Dad wanted to go there with his family, but Mom declined it because of anonymous rumors about how dangerous that place is, but dad was just insanely passionate about his job. So, he denied mom's declination and made a plan to visit the island, along with his other force partner on the first day of 'Nine-Holy- Nights'. Later, this led to a huge argument between mom and dad , while we three kids were locked in the room.. listening to all those screaming and abuses.
The next day, mom suddenly packed her stuff and took Ashish and salani with her. This decision broke dad, and living without his wife and kids definitely half-killed him.. but his decision to explore the island didn't change.. He even took me there.. We were a total of 20 people.. on boat that day. But none returned.
________________________________

"Wait, wait !!"
"What. Are. You. Exactly. Why are you saying all this as you were there and even if you were.. then , how you are still alive ?!!" -
     Rooh backs off and holds the hand of the person next to her , which was kartavya.

( This flashback scared everyone there and then. )

Mrs. Murgi - Yes, I was there, but I never claimed to be alive ( replied to Rooh in slow tone )

*** DEEP SILENCE *** ***Cold air blows***

_____________________________