Chapter 217 Meditation

Liang Yue tightened her grip on the Tang sword in her hand. Though the feeling of hunger was unbearable, it could also ignite astonishing strength—a survival instinct.
In the gymnasium, the students' faces were filled with numbness and madness. Experiencing the deaths of those around them and the constant threat of death over the past month had taken a toll on their spirits.Last night, a girl took advantage of everyone's inattention and hung herself on the basketball hoop. But the next day, when everyone saw it, no one cried; they remained unnaturally calm.Liang Yue knew things couldn't continue like this. As the only teacher among them, she had to help these children secure a future!While Liang Yue was contemplating, the class monitor Wu Chengyu and the head of the student union Shen Miaoke walked over."Liang Laoshi," Wu Chengyu spoke up.Liang Yue looked up at them.Wu Chengyu said, "Shouldn't we go out and find some food? If we keep going like this, we'll starve to death."Shen Miaoke, with her hands clasped in front of her, fingers intertwined, wore a compassionate expression. "You're our only hope. If you keep resting here without going out to find food, what are we supposed to do?"A look of bewilderment flashed across Liang Yue's face as she looked at the two class cadres, Wu Chengyu and Shen Miaoke, both averting their eyes with slight dissatisfaction.Liang Yue instantly understood. They thought that because she hadn't gone out to look for food for several days, she was afraid of encountering monsters, afraid of death. So they came to ask her to fulfill her duty as a teacher?Liang Yue took a deep breath. "I'm a teacher; I shouldn't be angry with my students." She reminded herself inwardly and then said to the two, "If I leave, what will you do if the monsters come to attack you again?"Shen Miaoke still frowned. "So, Liang Laoshi, you must act quickly this time you go out! Hurry back!"Wu Chengyu cleared his throat and said lightly, "Liang Laoshi, you don't need to worry about this issue. We will do our best to protect our classmates!"He looked at Liang Yue in front of him, feeling somewhat disdainful. It's already this time, still thinking about protecting everyone, I don't know whether to call you honest or foolish! But it's fortunate that you are like this, otherwise, I might have died long ago. Well, you still have some use, just not very smart. Just listen to me, the clever one!Anyway, even if the monsters come, I can push out a few scapegoats.Shen Miaoke clasped her hands together, her face pleading. "Liang Laoshi, please! The safety of all of us depends on you alone!"Liang Yue deeply looked at the two students in front of her. She didn't speak but instead propped herself up with the Tang sword in her hand and slowly stood up.Only then did she speak, "Alright, I'll go out for a while. Make sure to protect yourselves!"Wu Chengyu and Shen Miaoke naturally agreed.Over the past month, Wu Chengyu had figured out the habits of the monsters. They liked to toy with their prey and had a habit of storing food. So they would only kill a few students each time, not too many.In fact, Wu Chengyu had long selected a few cannon fodders. In case the monster really came, he would push those guys out to delay time and then wait for Liang Yue to come back safely.Liang Yue held the Tang sword and opened the door of the gymnasium, walking into the icy corridor. The door behind her was quickly closed by several students.Liang Yue exhaled gently, her gaze sweeping to the end of the icy corridor, then flicked her long ponytail towards the direction of the cafeteria.She didn't go far. After walking more than a hundred steps, she quickly hid in a corner of the icy passage.Leaning against the wall, Liang Yue slowly closed her eyes and entered a meditative state.Meditation wasn't some miraculous ability. Even an ordinary person could master it through proper guidance to calm their mind.It was a mandatory course for every warrior, allowing one to eliminate distractions and introspect.Legend had it that in ancient times, supreme martial artists who reached the pinnacle of their art could enter a mysterious inner world through meditation.Although Liang Yue hadn't reached such a realm, as a top martial artist of China, she could still control her breath and make her aura restrained through this.She couldn't afford to wait any longer. Instead of waiting to be killed one by one by the monsters, it was better to take a chance."Between you and me, only one will survive!""Or... we both die together!"Liang Yue had already accepted the possibility of death. When necessary, she would perish with that black monster!She could die, but as a warrior, as a teacher, her dignity required her to protect her students!Liang Yue's thoughts were noble. But she forgot that as a natural hunter, felines were even better at concealing their aura.In the gymnasium, after Liang Yue left, everyone subconsciously gathered towards the corners.Yang Xinxin sat in a wheelchair, still looking as fragile as a crystal rose.Lu Kernan squatted down, reaching out to gently touch her legs and arms. "Does it still hurt?"A few days ago, Yang Xinxin was used as bait, pushed out to lure the monster. Fortunately, the monster was more interested in moving prey, so she escaped unscathed. But that hard fall left her injured, with bruises on her arms and knees.Yang Xinxin looked at her only friend, a faint pale smile on her face. "I'm fine. I can't even feel the pain because of the cold."Seeing Yang Xinxin smile, Lu Kernan relaxed a bit. "Don't give up hope; we have to live well! Right?"Yang Xinxin nodded, her gaze firm. "Yes, we will definitely survive!""The two of us will definitely live well!"There came a deranged mockery from nearby.Zhang Mengning glared at the two of them, her face twisted. "Dreaming in broad daylight! Do you think good luck will always be with you? A disability, even if you survive, what's the point? You can't do anything, just a huge burden!""If I were you, I'd just commit suicide. Not only living in pain, but also dragging others down!"Other students also wore sinister smiles as they looked at Yang Xinxin.They felt it was unfair. They were physically intact, so it was reasonable for them to survive. Why should a disabled person be entitled to the same rights to live as them?"What's the point of persisting so hard?""Next time, when the monster appears again, you won't be so lucky."Yang Xinxin didn't argue. She wasn't good at debating with people, except on the internet.Lu Kernan couldn't bear it and wanted to speak up for Yang Xinxin.At that moment, she looked up and suddenly saw a hint of amber appearing in the window opposite them.It was a huge eyeball!