Chapter 250: Enhancement of Abilities

After returning to the sanctuary, Zhang Yi went straight to Lu Keran's workshop. Previously, he had handed over the armors from Xie Huanhuan and Liu Ziyang to Lu Keran, asking her to study them and see if she could replicate them. The military-standard armor was quite impressive, much lighter and more protective than Zhang Yi's own bulletproof vest. Remarkably, Liu Ziyang's body hadn't been bitten in two by the demonic cat Huahua, demonstrating the armor's incredible defensive power.
Unfortunately, Liu Ziyang's armor was already damaged and couldn't be worn, and Xie Huanhuan's armor was too small for Zhang Yi. Therefore, he asked Lu Keran to either replicate a new set or repair Liu Ziyang's armor so he could use it himself.When Zhang Yi arrived at the workshop, Lu Keran was examining the two white armors. He placed the chemical materials he had scavenged in her workshop. He had taken so much that he had emptied the largest chemical factory warehouse in Tianhai City. Even just a portion of what he brought in filled a corner of her workshop.Lu Keran was stunned. "Big brother, where did you find so much stuff?"Zhang Yi simply smiled and clapped his hands. "That's not something you need to worry about. I told you, I'll handle the materials. You just need to turn them into bombs!"Lu Keran glanced at the materials and confidently patted her chest. "Don't worry, big brother! Making sophisticated weapons might be tough, but making bombs is simple!"In the Ice Age, enemies wouldn't come in tanks or armored vehicles, only as infantry. Even the most basic homemade explosives could inflict significant damage on them.Zhang Yi's gaze fell on the two armors. "So, can you make something like this?"Lu Keran grinned. "Of course! And this standard armor needs to be cost-effective, so its performance isn't the best. You should know that mass-produced items focus on cost-performance, not peak performance! If I'm making it just for you, the defensive capabilities will definitely surpass these two!""However, that would require a lot of materials."Zhang Yi's eyes lit up. Materials? That's the one thing he had in abundance."Keran, just do your best. Don't worry about costs. Use all the best materials. I don't need cost-performance, just the best performance, understood?"Lu Keran was thrilled. As a mechanical genius who loved her work, she had longed for a sponsor like Zhang Yi, who would let her realize all her wild ideas."Understood! I'll make you the best armor in the world!""Go for it! I'm counting on you."Zhang Yi patted her cheek lightly, his eyes full of encouragement. As expected, Lu Keran's face immediately turned red. Zhang Yi left at the right moment, not taking up any of her working time.He took a shower, changed into lightweight sportswear, and went to the gym on the third basement floor. When he practiced his abilities, everyone was prohibited from entering, so no one else in the sanctuary knew the exact nature of his abilities.Zhang Yi closed the gym door and took out a compound bow from his dimensional space. Since absorbing Xie Huanhuan's power, he could clearly feel his cells becoming more active, a powerful force emerging from within. He wanted to test the extent of his enhanced abilities.Zhang Yi nocked an arrow, his right pupil flashed with a white light, and an invisible, colorless power wrapped around the arrow. In his eyes, this formless power was almost visible. Faster, sharper, stronger!He aimed at a target 500 meters away, a distance he had never tried before. Drawing the bow fully, the arrow shot out with a "whoosh!" In an instant, the target was shattered! Only after it broke did the sound reach Zhang Yi's ears. His arrow speed had surpassed the speed of sound!Even Zhang Yi was startled by his newfound abilities. Looking at his hands, he murmured, "I didn't expect the power I gained through plundering to grow faster than a month's hard training!"His arrows now had more power than ordinary firearms! Zhang Yi thought for a moment, put the arrows away, and took out the dragon blade he had taken from Liang Yue."Double speed!"His ability activated, Zhang Yi's speed doubled. But this time, he felt there was still room for more!"Triple speed!""Quadruple speed!"He kept pushing his ability until he felt the strain at quadruple speed. Swinging the dragon blade, he left afterimages in the air!Without stopping, Zhang Yi took out wooden training dummies from his dimensional space."Slash!"At quadruple speed, the sharp dragon blade sliced through the wooden dummies, leaving mirror-smooth cuts!Maintaining this battle rhythm, Zhang Yi continued to exert his ability. After twenty minutes, he finally felt exhausted. He quickly withdrew his ability and took some energy bars to replenish his strength."My combat power has increased significantly. Even against skilled fighters, I stand a good chance!" "Of course, the best use of this power is to escape. With my long-range sniping so reliable, why engage in close combat?"Zhang Yi soon refined his combat strategy: always avoid close combat and use his ranged skills. But if forced into melee, he could certainly surprise his opponent."If I could find a master to learn some moves from, it would be perfect."Zhang Yi sighed, wishing he could be an all-rounded warrior. This desire kept him cautious, never underestimating any opponent. He believed in giving his all, even in seemingly easy fights. Little did he know, he had already caused significant fear in the Western Mountain Base!