Chapter 253 Disappearing Student

As expected, Ge Rou entered the conference room.
Ling Feng stared at her, slowly standing up. "Secretary Ge, do you have good news?"Ge Rou still wore her charming smile."I made an exception for you all and reported the news to the leader.""The leader allows you to send people over for investigation, but there's a condition: no captain-level personnel are allowed to go!"The group of captain-level individuals in the room looked at each other, all expressing dissatisfaction."Is it feasible to send ordinary soldiers to support when there are individuals who can pose a threat to Xie Huanhuan and Liu Ziyang?" Ge Rou lightly smiled, "Liu Ziyang is just a warrior, while Xie Huanhuan, although a captain, excels in reconnaissance rather than combat.""You all are the most valuable combat power of the West Mountain Base. We cannot easily risk your lives.""Sending ordinary soldiers to scout the situation is the most appropriate course of action."Ling Feng was getting impatient, "I understand! I will send others over."Ge Rou nodded, then adjusted her black-framed glasses gracefully and left.Once Ge Rou left, the other people behind Ling Feng began to voice their opinions.The slim figure of Fang Zun expressed dissatisfaction, "Commander, it seems Xie Huanhuan and Liu Ziyang have encountered a tough situation. Is it wise to send ordinary soldiers?"Ling Feng glanced at him, suddenly frowned, and said, "Fang Zun, indeed you are an awakened individual with innate abilities. But in terms of current combat power, you may not be much stronger than our other brothers.""Our other brothers, even without abilities, are well-trained soldiers. You shouldn't underestimate them!""Since it's the leader's order, we just need to strictly follow it."Ignoring the discontent expressions of the other captains, Ling Feng took out his communication device and began to contact other team members to dispatch them to support Xie Huanhuan and Liu Ziyang.Learning that she didn't have to go out, Liang Yue felt relieved but also a bit regretful.Having stayed in the underground base for so long, she occasionally wanted to go out and see.Most importantly, since being assigned to this so-called ace special forces team, she had never really carried out a mission.With Ling Feng arranging for other ordinary team members to carry out the tasks, these captains didn't need to act.Liang Yue carried her Tang knife, ready to go back and rest.Suddenly, her shoulder was tapped. Turning her head, she saw one of the other two women in the team, named Ye Ronghua.Compared to others, Ye Ronghua's figure was somewhat delicate, unlike someone with a military background.But what impressed Liang Yue the most was her bright eyes, brighter than stars, always carrying a mesmerizing power.Ye Ronghua smiled at Liang Yue, "What's wrong? Are you feeling regretful because you don't have the chance to go out on a mission?"Facing Ye Ronghua's initiative, Liang Yue smiled back, "Just a little!"However, Ye Ronghua shook her head."No need to rush! There's no need to expect anything. Once members of our captain-level special forces are deployed, it might really mean encountering very difficult problems."Liang Yue shrugged, "But I've been here for so long and haven't done anything. I'm curious about what I can do for the base."Listening to this, Ye Ronghua humorously explained, "Our existence is like a weapon, usable but not necessarily used.""The world now is more complex than you imagine. You've just arrived at the base, there's much you don't understand. You'll gradually understand in the future!""And now, the most important thing for you is to spend more time improving your strength. Abilities are gifts from above; nobody knows how far they can be developed."Ye Ronghua's words seemed to imply something, and Liang Yue seemed to understand something.However, she stopped there, and after speaking, she confidently left.This girl always gave off a mysterious feeling, especially when her gaze fell upon someone, it felt like she could see into their soul.Liang Yue shook her head, temporarily not wanting to think about these troublesome issues.She wasn't very concerned about Xie Huanhuan and Liu Ziyang; after all, she was new here and didn't have a deep bond with them.Holding her knife, Liang Yue left the conference room.Back in the living area, Liang Yue took out her key to enter her room.Suddenly, from the corner of her eye, she caught a familiar figure.Liang Yue turned her head abruptly and saw a girl opening a door not far away, having just finished showering."Meng Zixuan!"Liang Yue instinctively called out.Wasn't that girl her student, Meng Zixuan?Upon hearing someone calling her, Meng Zixuan turned back.Seeing it was Liang Yue, she beamed and exclaimed, "Teacher Liang! What a surprise to see you here!"She happily ran over, her eyes filled with excitement as she looked at Liang Yue.Liang Yue was also surprised to see her.Wasn't Meng Zixuan working and living in the Fourth Life Compartment like others?"How... did you end up here?"The Second Life Compartment was a high-level area of the West Mountain Base, where only Chen Xinian's trusted aides and special talents like Liang Yue could reside.Meng Zixuan adjusted her hair, smiling, "I also have some special abilities!""You've awakened abilities too?"Liang Yue asked curiously.Meng Zixuan's smile became mysterious.Her hand rested on her slightly bulging chest. "In a sense, this is a natural ability!"Soon, Shen Lingling also came out upon hearing the noise.Seeing Liang Yue, her brows slightly furrowed, her expression somewhat indifferent."Teacher Liang."She called softly.Liang Yue was even more surprised.She asked, "Are both of you in the Second Life Compartment? What about the other classmates?"Upon hearing this question, the expressions of Shen Lingling and Meng Zixuan subtly changed.They turned their heads away, seeming unwilling to talk about it."Teacher Liang, we are now residents of the Second Life Compartment. Don't bother with the affairs of those civilians in the Fourth Life Compartment.""Human relations are inherently unequal. Once separated by a class, it's impossible to interact as before."Liang Yue looked at the two girls in astonishment, feeling angry all of a sudden."How can you say that? They are all your classmates. After so many years of friendship, can you just let go of it so easily?"But Shen Lingling raised her head, looking at her, and sneered, "Teacher Liang, do you have the right to say that?""Wasn't it you who abandoned us students first?"