Chapter 248: Reminding Fatty Xu

One phone call from Zhang Yi, and Fatty Xu came running.
He now treated Zhang Yi as an elder brother, following his every word. Every time Zhang Yi asked for his help, he received generous rewards in return. Sometimes it was pillows or figurines, other times it was a mountain of snacks.And what did he have to do? Just follow along and help clear some snow. Most importantly, Zhang Yi was extremely cautious in everything he did, so Fatty Xu never had to worry about safety.Where could you find such a great leader?Zhang Yi drove to the riverside, and Fatty Xu, panting, climbed into the passenger seat."Phew, it's much warmer in the car!" Fatty Xu unzipped his jacket, enjoying the warmth of the heater."Boss, where are we heading this time?" Fatty Xu asked."We're going to the chemical plant to get some stuff," Zhang Yi replied."Alright, just tell me what to do!"Upon hearing it was the chemical plant, Fatty Xu lost interest. Zhang Yi started the car, and the snow vehicle moved steadily through the falling snow.As they drove, Zhang Yi began talking to Fatty Xu about the discovery of Xishan organization members nearby."This area has already caught the attention of a big organization. You need to be careful in Xu Family Town. It's an obvious target and could get wiped out in one go!" Zhang Yi warned.Fatty Xu scratched his head. "A big organization? I haven't noticed anything unusual around Xu Family Town."When Xie Huanhuan and Liu Ziyang were there, Fatty Xu was at home hugging his pillow and sleeping. Xu Dongtang and others had also intentionally hidden his presence, so he was truly unaware."It's best if there's no movement," Zhang Yi said.Fatty Xu laughed naively. "Boss, you're too cautious! Xu Family Town is just a bunch of farmers and fishermen. What's there to be concerned about?"Zhang Yi shook his head at Fatty Xu's nonchalance. "But you have a lot of stored grain in Xu Family Town, right? Are you really that clueless? Don't you understand how important food is in the apocalypse?"Fatty Xu's silly smile faded slightly at Zhang Yi's words. "We do have the habit of storing grain. But with over a thousand people in our town, anyone trying to rob us would have a hard time.""Anyone would be scared off just by seeing our numbers, right?"Zhang Yi drove on and explained calmly. "I've said before, ordinary civilian groups are not a threat. To us superhumans, ordinary people can't pose much danger.""But what if it's a powerful armed group?"Fatty Xu thought for a moment and said, "Weapons are strictly controlled in Huaguo. Very few people have weapons now. And if it's a powerful armed group, they'd be official organizations, right? I don't believe they'd target ordinary people like us in Xu Family Town."Zhang Yi lowered his gaze, struggling to find the right words. He decided to take a different approach to help Fatty Xu understand."The issue is that major organizations in Tianhai City have split. Now, these groups are fighting each other for survival. No one represents the government. You could even see them as private armed forces. Get it?""If everyone is just trying to survive, then eventually, there's no room for dignity or moral restraint.""If one day they run out of food, Xu Family Town would be a huge grain warehouse for them to plunder—politely put, to requisition.""And what would you do then?"Fatty Xu felt the weight of Zhang Yi's words, and his hands twisted nervously. "Boss, if that happens, what should I do?"Fatty Xu was timid and most afraid of trouble. Zhang Yi glanced at him.Fatty Xu's ability was to control ice and snow. While not particularly powerful in single combat, he was very effective in group battles, both offensively and defensively. If something happened to Xu Family Town, Zhang Yi still hoped Fatty Xu could survive."If you're really scared, you can move to Yunque Manor. The house next to mine is empty, and I can set it up for you.""I can also help with food and heating, so you won't have any worries."Fatty Xu was a valuable talent, and Zhang Yi wouldn't treat him unfairly. But Fatty Xu hesitated and didn't immediately agree."What about the people in my village if I leave? They're my family and relatives."Fatty Xu grew up in that village. The villagers were all his kin. It wasn't so much that he couldn't leave them behind, but he lacked the courage to leave his community. Being among many people gave him a great sense of security.Zhang Yi smiled faintly. "It's up to you. I'm just offering a possibility. Things might not get that bad."Zhang Yi wouldn't force him. Having Fatty Xu was an asset, but without him, Zhang Yi could still handle any threats.Before long, they arrived at the largest chemical plant in Tianhai City. Zhang Yi and Fatty Xu worked together, one clearing snow, the other collecting chemical materials. Their cooperation was smooth, and soon they had emptied the plant.Zhang Yi took everything he could into his space, including small and medium-sized machinery and various laboratory equipment.After collecting the supplies, Zhang Yi drove Fatty Xu back. Before leaving, he gave Fatty Xu some food and his favorite precious figurines."For the next while, I might not contact you. Call me if there's any problem, and be extra careful yourself."Before they parted, Zhang Yi gave Fatty Xu some meaningful advice. He knew that if the Xishan organization attacked, nearby Xu Family Town might also be affected.He had given Fatty Xu a chance, and if Fatty Xu didn't take it, the rest was up to him.Fatty Xu, carrying a pile of things, smiled happily. "Okay, boss!"As he was about to leave, Zhang Yi added, "Fatty, if there comes a day when the Xishan organization or any other group attacks me, you and Xu Family Town can stay neutral.""But if I find out you helped them against me, guess what I'll do?"Zhang Yi smiled, but Fatty Xu shivered."Boss, I would never betray you!"Zhang Yi patted his shoulder. "Just kidding, don't take it too seriously! I know you wouldn't betray me."With that, he got into his car and drove away.