Chapter 244: Leaving No Stone Unturned

Xie Huanhuan's lifeless body fell into the snow.
It happened so abruptly. Just a moment ago, she and Liu Ziyang were happily discussing their future promotions. But now, she was a cold corpse.In this dangerous world, there is never a moment of absolute safety. The head of an extraordinary person is not necessarily harder than that of an ordinary person. Nor can it withstand a shot from a 5.8mm sniper rifle, enhanced with special abilities.Liu Ziyang watched his old partner die right in front of him. That brief moment felt like an eternity to him.The next moment, he instinctively drew his gun and aimed behind him.In the darkness, a large shadow appeared in the distance.On the back of the demon cat Huahua, Zhang Yi raised his sniper rifle and precisely killed the woman who could walk through walls from 2000 meters away.In Liu Ziyang's sight, Zhang Yi and Huahua appeared very small, and his gun had no such long range.But in the moment he hesitated, Zhang Yi had already reloaded and fired another shot!With a silencer attached, the noise of the shot was greatly reduced.From such a distance, the enemy could only determine his position through the trajectory.Zhang Yi thought that this shot would take down the robust man.But in his vision, the man's figure suddenly shifted eerily, leaving afterimages in mid-air!Using this ghostly movement, he narrowly dodged Zhang Yi's bullet!"Damn it, how many extraordinary people are there!"Zhang Yi felt a shiver down his spine.Although he had anticipated such a scenario, encountering two extraordinary people at once still made him secretly alarmed.But now, regardless of who the other party was, he had to ensure they died here!There was no way he could let them take any information about him back!However, in that brief interval, Liu Ziyang had already skillfully grabbed Xie Huanhuan's body and hid in a snow pit.Looking at Xie Huanhuan's cold corpse, Liu Ziyang felt as if his heart was being cut.After working together for so long, he had developed a vague affection for her.But due to their positions, he had never dared to confess.Yet now, seeing his beloved die so tragically in front of him, his heart was filled with immense grief."Damn you, I'll kill you!"Liu Ziyang's eyes were bloodshot.However, his discipline as a soldier kept him from losing his mind.The opponent was an extremely powerful sniper, capable of accurately hitting Xie Huanhuan's head from such a great distance.Even during his time in the army, he couldn't have achieved that.Liu Ziyang judged that this was likely a special ability.In a long-distance fight, he had no advantage and would only be a sitting duck.But what about close combat?How could he cover the 2000 meters distance to get close to his opponent?And running away would be the worst option.With the opponent being a sharpshooter, he would be at risk of being sniped as soon as he showed himself."Wait, I can't rush now.""The one who should be anxious is him! If I'm not mistaken, he is Zhang Yi, the owner of that villa.""After discovering our presence, he is eager to kill us to silence us.""So, the best course of action is to hold out here and call for reinforcements!"From the Xishan base to here, it would take about two and a half hours by snowmobile, or around four and a half hours by sled.Liu Ziyang took out his device and sent a distress signal to the Xishan base.Just as Liu Ziyang thought, Zhang Yi was now eager to kill him.But with one missed shot, Liu Ziyang had hidden away, making it impossible for Zhang Yi to get a second chance.Judging by Liu Ziyang's earlier performance, he was also a formidable close-combat warrior.In a close-quarter fight, Zhang Yi had no confidence in winning."If this drags on, he might transmit my information, or even call for reinforcements.""What should I do? Should I call Fatty Xu over?""Forget it, he has no means of transport. By the time he gets here, it will be daylight."At this point, Zhang Yi looked at Huahua beneath him.An idea formed in his mind."Huahua, you go force him out, and I'll provide long-range support!"Zhang Yi jumped off Huahua, lying against the snow, and spoke to her.Huahua understood Zhang Yi's instructions and let out a dissatisfied "meow," as if saying, "It's dangerous for me too!"Zhang Yi reassured her, "Don't worry, your thick skin will protect you. He can't hurt you. Just make him expose his position, and I'll take him down immediately!""Be good, and I'll reward you with a hundred fish sticks when we get back!"Huahua licked her large paw, then nodded in agreement.Cats have a strong territorial sense, and she already detested the two intruders.With Zhang Yi's promised reward, she ran towards Liu Ziyang's hiding spot.At first, she charged through the snow, but soon, her body rolled into a giant black spiked ball!Her tough, black fur stood like steel needles, rumbling towards Liu Ziyang's position!Liu Ziyang had planned to rely on the terrain to hold out against Zhang Yi and wait for reinforcements.But suddenly, a loud rumble reached his ears.He cautiously used his phone as a mirror to check.What he saw made his pupils constrict in fear."What is that!"He saw a massive black ball hurtling towards him, defying his imagination.In a split second, Liu Ziyang lowered his body and quickly moved to the side."Boom!!"Huahua plowed through where he had just been, leaving a several-meter-deep path.Liu Ziyang had just let out a sigh of relief when he saw the huge black ball suddenly stop.Then it transformed into a massive black beast not far from him!"Meow—"Huahua roared, her fur standing like steel needles, and charged at Liu Ziyang in a zigzag pattern!Liu Ziyang hastily aimed and started shooting.However, ordinary bullets did little damage to Huahua, sparking off her needle-like fur.Huahua, though in pain, was not seriously injured and pounced at him more fiercely.Liu Ziyang used his ghostly movement again, swiftly dodging in the snow.His agility matched that of a feline, an incredible sight!But while he could evade Huahua's attacks, he couldn't hide his position.From a distance, Zhang Yi was ready with his sniper rifle!As soon as Liu Ziyang showed himself, Zhang Yi pulled the trigger!