Chapter 226 The Sky Is Dead

In the evening, Zhang Yi and others hosted a banquet to welcome the arrival of Yang Xinxin and Lu Kernan.
They hadn't eaten such good food for a long time. Even the elite students of the aristocratic school, after a few seconds of restraint at the beginning, began to eat a bit extravagantly.Zhang Yi silently put down his chopsticks.Just watching the two girls eat like this was quite interesting to him.Yang Mi and Zhou Ke'er looked at them with pity, serving them dishes while asking about their time at Tianqing Academy.Lu Kernan stuffed a lion head into her mouth, then casually scooped a large bowl of seaweed egg drop soup, saying vaguely, "There's no shortage of food at school!""Our school has only over three hundred students, but there are twelve large and small canteens. The food in the warehouse is so abundant that we can't finish it.""Not to mention the internal supermarket."Zhang Yi smiled faintly. He couldn't understand that so-called aristocratic school, so he could only imagine it through Lu Kernan's words.Lu Kernan swallowed the meatball and looked at Zhang Yi gratefully, saying, "Fortunately, big brother, you came to rescue us! Otherwise, in such cold weather, even with plenty of food, we probably wouldn't have lasted long."Zhang Yi smiled, "It's okay, you were underground with more people, so the temperature wasn't that cold."Ice and snow were also excellent insulation materials, at least resisting the wind was true.After the houses in Xudong Village were submerged by ice and snow, it was only with the help of Xuchunlei using ice and snow to build houses that they could maintain their current lives."In the future, work here properly, and you won't go hungry."Lu Kernan's personality suited Zhang Yi's taste.It's not that he had any thoughts about Lu Kernan, but he liked dealing with straightforward people.Lu Kernan nodded incessantly, "Thank you, big brother!"Zhou Ke'er and Yang Mi looked at Zhang Yi and exchanged a glance, finally feeling relieved.They were very worried that Zhang Yi would consider these two people as burdens.After all, with two more people eating, the consumption of resources at home would increase by nearly half!But what they didn't know was how much resources were stored in Zhang Yi's spatial dimension.Even if they five of them indulged in eating and drinking every day, it would probably take hundreds of years to use it up.Moreover, Zhang Yi could go out and find the frozen resources without worrying about food.After dinner, Yang Mi took the initiative to clean up the dishes.Recently, she had basically taken over all the housework.Even when Zhou Ke'er was present, she would take over the chores.Regarding Zhang Yi's attitude, from initially being guarded to later trusting him, and now feeling a little guilty, she felt a bit guilty.In this family, Zhou Ke'er was a doctor, Yang Xinxin was a computer genius, and Lu Kernan was a mechanical genius.And her?Besides accompanying Zhang Yi to rest, what else could she do?Although Zhang Yi had never said anything to her, Yang Mi was a very strong woman who didn't like being a useless vase.At the dining table, Zhang Yi ate while chatting with Yang Xinxin and Lu Kernan about the rules inside the shelter.The harmony between the few of them made her feel a little lost.She also hoped that she could become a useful person.It would be best if she could be like Zhou Ke'er and the others, an irreplaceable presence....After dinner, the few of them rested on the sofa while watching TV.Zhang Yi leaned on the sofa, Zhou Ke'er and Yang Mi sat next to him. Because of the two little sisters, their posture wasn't too intimate.However, Yang Xinxin noticed a hint of abnormality.But she didn't speak. With her intelligence, she naturally understood that such situations were common in the apocalypse.Only Lu Kernan sat cross-legged on the bed, barefoot, staring straight at the huge TV.Now, besides the pre-stored TV series, there were official news contents from around the world.Domestic news was basically ignored, with not much valuable information.As they watched, the atmosphere in the living room became strange.Because in today's news, they received a very important but equally unsettling piece of information."Snow disaster has been ongoing for more than a month with no sign of stopping, and the temperature continues to be frigid. Connectivity between most regions globally has begun to falter.""This has led to escalating conflicts over resources, especially between countries and regions.""The extremely harsh weather has caused official authorities in many regions to lose control. Most armed organizations have risen and begun to use force to control resources and surviving humans."...Such news undoubtedly made people feel very depressed.Because it also meant that the world had officially entered an era without order.Then, armed forces would lose restraint."This is a bit bad!" Zhang Yi crossed his arms and murmured.Yang Mi was somewhat puzzled, "Hasn't chaos already arrived? It's just... I didn't expect it to become so terrifying."She sighed softly in her heart. She had originally thought that the world would return to normal, and she would continue to be the star that everyone admired. Now she basically dared not entertain such thoughts."It's different." Zhang Yi said, "In the past, even if some armed organizations wanted to do something, at least they would still fear higher authorities.""But, the prolonged extreme cold for more than a month means the glacial period won't pass quickly.""In this case, armed forces in various places don't have to worry about being held accountable. So, they can do whatever they want without restrictions!"Yang Xinxin added, "It's like the rules and regulations of some units. They may not be followed by everyone. But with them there, people will still be somewhat wary and won't do anything too excessive.""But now, this world has lost any semblance of order!""Not entirely, right?" Zhang Yi glanced at Yang Xinxin."The most powerful forces still belong to the highest level.""But due to the extreme cold weather, they can't effectively control other areas in a timely manner. This has led to the emergence of warlord-like powers everywhere.""How should I put it? It's almost like the Spring and Autumn Period and the Warring States Period. The Emperor of Zhou sits in the capital controlling the strongest military force.""Other regions are governed by the existing local armed forces.""Unless the apocalypse passes, this phenomenon will continue for a long time."Yang Xinxin nodded, agreeing with Zhang Yi's words.Yang Mi blinked and smiled, "Isn't this pretty good? When you think about it, it won't be much different from before. At least, they still have some fear!"Zhang Yi laughed."Of course not!""Why is that?""Because in the past, all authority belonged to the highest level. But now, they have to hand over the regions to local armed forces for management.""This also means that the chaotic era of regional warlords may be coming!"Zhang Yi took a deep breath, "An era where lives are as insignificant as grass and hay is also coming."The battles between ordinary people would have limited casualties.But after the appearance of the mutants, the scale of death would skyrocket.But compared to the battles of armed forces, it was hardly worth mentioning.Zhang Yi had spent a month killing over a thousand people in the community.But once armed forces were involved, the number of casualties for the sake of resources would be immeasurable.And the safety of ordinary civilians would be even more uncertain.