Chapter 223 Target: Big Brother

After listening to Zhang Yi's words, Yang Xinxin's lips curled up with a meaningful smile.
"Big Brother, you're really smart! You've guessed about sixty or seventy percent of it.""But, I'm not as bad as you think!"Yang Xinxin tucked her hair behind her ears, revealing her fair and slender neck."I'm not the master of that monster. Nor did I command it to kill classmates and teachers. It's just that it's always been protecting me."Liu Kernan, upon hearing Yang Xinxin refer to the creature as "Flower," widened his eyes in surprise."Flower? Is... is it the stray cat you've been feeding before?"Zhang Yi waited quietly for Yang Xinxin to give him an explanation.He was actually very interested in that mutated cat as well. When he arrived at the upper levels of Tianqing Academy, he couldn't quickly determine Yang Xinxin's location. The appearance of that creature seemed to deliberately guide Zhang Yi. If it weren't for Xu Fatty's provocation that angered it, it wouldn't have had any intention to attack Zhang Yi. Such a smart and powerful mutant, if it could be tamed, would be perfect! After all, animals are much more loyal than humans.Yang Xinxin looked into the distance and explained the situation to Liu Kernan's astonished gaze.It turned out that the monster was a mutated stray cat. Due to Yang Xinxin's polio, she couldn't move freely. Therefore, she spent most of her time in the dormitory. As for academics, she was already a top computer genius in the world, and there was nothing the teachers at Tianqing Academy could teach her. Besides computers, her only hobby was to feed a stray cat named Flower behind the dormitory."It's because of the emotional bond formed during that time that made my relationship with Flower particularly close. That's why it never attacked me."Yang Xinxin calmly explained their relationship.Liu Kernan breathed a long sigh. "No wonder! Although it startled me every time it came, it never attacked us. I thought we were just lucky!"Zhang Yi, however, didn't accept Yang Xinxin's explanation."Things are probably not as simple as you said, right?""Is it just out of gratitude that it doesn't attack you?"He glanced at Yang Xinxin and said playfully, "Then guiding us and not attacking us, is it also instinctual?"Yang Xinxin smiled and said, "Big Brother, your observation skills are really meticulous! Indeed, nothing can escape you.""Indeed, Flower became exceptionally clever after the mutation, and it can understand what I say.""In fact, I told it that someone would come to pick me up and leave, so it shouldn't harm you guys.""Just didn't expect, Big Brother, you guys are so capable!"Zhang Yi glanced at her."Then, did you let it kill those classmates?""Not at all!"Yang Xinxin smiled and said, "Although many of them were annoying, I haven't hated them enough to kill them.""At first, they died just because some people had abused Flower before, and Flower needed to fill its stomach."Her gaze slowly turned sinister."But later, things became different.""Big Brother, you don't know, how many times some people thought I was a burden and wanted to abandon me to stop Flower. They even deliberately overturned my wheelchair or pushed me out."Yang Xinxin's smile gradually widened."It's really amusing. How could they know that Flower wouldn't harm me?""So every time I survived, their hatred towards me deepened!""Because they attempted to murder me, as long as I'm alive, they will feel intense unease and realize how evil they are.""That's why they were even more eager for me to die!"Liu Kernan fell into silence upon hearing this.She knew best how many accidents she and Yang Xinxin had been through during that time. But being alone, she couldn't resist. As for Teacher Liang Yue, she had tried her best to protect everyone. But her power alone was limited, and she couldn't take care of every student."So that's how it is! Many times, I thought we were doomed."Liu Kernan's voice was somewhat low.Yang Xinxin stroked the bottle in her hand as if stroking a cat."So, later I thought, it's better for these people to die!"She looked up at Zhang Yi, her face full of sunshine."So, Big Brother, every time Flower teased them, and slowly killed them, it's indeed related to me!""Do you think Xinxin is cruel?"Zhang Yi looked at her for a few seconds, then suddenly smiled.Cruel? Indeed, there was a bit.But instead of abhorring it, he felt a bit of admiration.This girl, she's on the same page as me!"They're not close to me, so whatever you do is your freedom. I don't care!""I'm here to save you, just out of my promise to your sister, and the need for your skills as a computer expert!"Yang Xinxin nodded, not surprised at all."You're right. In this world, those without value can't be saved.""Rest assured, after joining my team, as long as you listen well and work seriously, you won't face the danger of cold, hunger, and death again.""I can guarantee you this!"HR recruited several outstanding employees, of course, they had to paint a big picture to stabilize their hearts first. However, what Zhang Yi said was basically true. Unless there was an accident in the future, following him, they would definitely be very comfortable."Thank you, Big Brother!"Liu Kernan said."Thank you, Big Brother!"Yang Xinxin smiled.Zhang Yi glanced at the rearview mirror and continued, "Xinxin, I have one more question, I hope you can help me answer.""Big Brother, please ask.""The apocalypse has been going on for so long, why didn't you send a message to your two sisters before? Why did you decide to do it recently?""And how did you solve the signal problem in such a deep place under heavy snow?"Yang Xinxin covered her mouth and chuckled."Big Brother, after all, I'm a top hacker in the world. Naturally, solving signal problems is easy. Besides, Flower helped me.""As for contacting you two—"She opened her eyes, revealing a hint of cunning."I never intended to contact my stupid sisters.""From the beginning, my target was you!"