Chapter 222: Not as Fragile as Appears

The students were unwilling to accept reality and still wanted to argue their points. But when Zhang Yi shook the gun in his hand, their mouths immediately shut up quite a bit. A group of people could only stare at Lu Kernan and Yang Xinxin following Zhang Yi with envy, jealousy, and hatred in their eyes. They looked at each other, fierce but helpless, as they lacked the strength to do anything.
When Yang Xinxin and Lu Kernan passed by Liang Yue, they nodded in thanks. "Teacher Liang, thank you for taking care of us during this time!" Despite the students behaving like animals, Liang Yue was indeed a responsible teacher who took good care of them. However, Yang Xinxin knew that Liang Yue wouldn't abandon the others to leave with them. So she didn't invite Liang Yue to join them.Liang Yue was too tired; she didn't even want to speak and just nodded faintly. Yang Xinxin and Lu Kernan didn't say anything more and left with Zhang Yi and the others. After walking a distance, Liang Yue struggled to stand up. "Let's follow them!""I'm severely weakened now, and that monster isn't faring much better. While it dares not come out now, if we follow them, we can at least find a way out of here." The students suddenly realized this was the only way to survive. So two girls came over to help Liang Yue, and the group followed behind Zhang Yi.Although they had considered leaving before, the caves beneath the snow were labyrinthine, all dug out by that monster. They couldn't find a way out down there. With Zhang Yi leading the way, they weren't afraid of getting lost. Fatty Xu noticed these people following behind and quietly asked Zhang Yi, "What should we do? They've all followed us."Zhang Yi chuckled, "Feeling sorry for them?""Not really.""So, do you want to get rid of them all? With your strength, you could just collapse this place and bury them all."Fatty Xu was startled, "No, I don't mean that. I have no grievances with them."Zhang Yi shrugged, "Since that's the case, just ignore them!""Helping others helps the world, but when in poverty, one should prioritize oneself. We don't have the ability to support dozens of people." Fatty Xu thought Zhang Yi made sense and followed him forward. On their way back, Zhang Yi's markings came in handy. They returned to the surface following the marks on the walls. Zhang Yi didn't want to delay here any longer and immediately took out two snowmobiles. He said to Fatty Xu, "You go sit with Uncle You!"Fatty Xu made a wry face, "Snowmobiles? Isn't it too cold?"Zhang Yi handed him a helmet and secured it on his head. "Isn't this enough?""Well, it feels pretty good this way! Haha, I really want to feel the wind!" Fatty Xu happily ran over to sit beside Uncle You.Zhang Yi opened the passenger seat and lifted Yang Xinxin onto it, folding her wheelchair in the process. As for Lu Kernan, she sat in the back, being sensible. "Let's go! Let's head back!" Zhang Yi honked the horn and reminded Uncle You to start.The snowmobiles roared to life and quickly left Tianqing Academy. Not long after, Liang Yue and the others climbed out of the snow tunnel. They had some thoughts about following Zhang Yi back, even if it meant clinging to him persistently to survive. However, when they emerged, all they saw was the exhaust from their vehicles. The group was dumbfounded. "Where should we go next?" A girl asked with a bewildered face.Although they came out from underground, all they could see around them was endless white snow. While underground, at least there was a place to stay and food to eat. But now? They had nothing.Wu Chengyu walked out, smiling as he opened his phone. "Just leave it to me from now on!" There was a signal outside, and he would contact his influential father to send people to pick them up to the Western Mountain Base...On the way back, Yang Xinxin and Lu Kernan sat in the warm car, gradually showing comfortable expressions on their faces. Being trapped underground for over a month and constantly facing monster attacks had exhausted Lu Kernan long ago. Zhang Yi saw their tired and haggard appearance, smiled, and with a wave of his hand, two bottles of mineral water, some chocolate bars, and bread appeared in front of them."Eat something to replenish your energy! Be careful not to eat too fast, or you'll get gastroenteritis.""In such times, falling ill would be excruciatingly painful." Lu Kernan's eyes welled up with tears of gratitude. "Big brother, you're really a good person! Thank you!"Her personality was somewhat tomboyish, but it felt good to be around her. Yang Xinxin seemed delicate. Although she was hungry, she politely thanked Zhang Yi before starting to eat.Zhang Yi glanced at the rearview mirror, his smile growing wider. After the two finished eating and leaned back in their seats happily, Zhang Yi started talking to them."Xinxin, you're really amazing!"Zhang Yi praised sincerely.Yang Xinxin's expression was somewhat strange. "Brother, are you talking about me? I'm not that great."She smiled faintly, like a bud waiting to bloom."I... have always been a burden among everyone. If it weren't for Kernan protecting me all the time, I'm afraid I would have died long ago."Lu Kernan laughed, "We are good sisters, so why be polite with me!"Zhang Yi smiled faintly, neither confirming nor denying Yang Xinxin's words."Is that so? But I think you're more amazing.""Huh? Brother, why do you say that?"Yang Xinxin looked curious, and Lu Kernan also leaned over, not understanding why Zhang Yi said so.Zhang Yi calmly explained, "You have had polio since childhood, unable to move your legs and can only sit in a wheelchair.""But under the threat of that monster, you managed to survive until now. Isn't that impressive?"Before Yang Xinxin could explain, Zhang Yi continued, "You might want to say it's just luck or the protection of this girl behind you.""But in over a month, that monster attacked at least a dozen times, right?""Once is luck, twice is luck, but three or five times start to become mysterious.""And yet you've managed to survive until now. I believe this is no coincidence."Zhang Yi smiled and glanced at Yang Xinxin beside him, "I'm right, aren't I?"The pure smile on Yang Xinxin's face slowly disappeared."Brother, you're really smart! No wonder you can survive until now and even support those two foolish sisters."Yang Xinxin's smile became somewhat sickly, and her entire demeanor changed in an instant, as if she had become a different person.Lu Kernan widened her eyes, "What are you two... talking about?"Zhang Yi smiled."It's not that I'm particularly smart, but from an outsider's perspective, there are too many coincidences.""Especially just now, when your teacher was fighting the monster, you told me to 'stop their fight'.""If you wanted to protect your teacher, you should have let me help her kill the monster.""But you didn't, which means you're not trying to protect your teacher but that monster.""So, based on these two guesses, I guess I'm not wrong in saying that you've been nurturing that monster all along, am I?"