Chapter 252: Busy as a Bee

Behind a wall, in Chen Xinian's room.
As the leader of the Xishan Base, his room was naturally the largest and most special. Chen Xinian was a person who paid great attention to his lifestyle, so even underground, his quality of life remained very high.The decorations in the room were of a standard not inferior to Zhang Yiru's current house. He lay on the sofa wearing a white cotton pajama, with a beautiful girl on each side of him.Upon closer inspection, one would find that they were both members of the group of survivors from Tianqing Academy. One was named Shen Moling, with curly hair and an impressive figure. The other was named Meng Zixuan, with long hair and fair skin.They were both young ladies from prestigious families, who had taken great care of themselves for the past twenty years, spending who knew how much money on their appearance. Chen Xinian liked this youthful flesh because it made him feel young again.At this moment, Chen Xinian had finished his business with them and was chatting about his life and ideals. When he mentioned the difficulties the Xishan Base was currently facing, he put on a concerned expression."The Xishan Base is still facing many serious problems!" he said. "The energy supply cannot be sustained for long, and food is also very scarce. As a leader, I'm busy every day, fearing that any mistake on my part will lead to distrust from everyone."With that, he slowly sipped a glass of brandy worth hundreds of thousands. Shen Moling and Meng Zixuan were already touched by the fascinating stories of this mature man."Leader, you've had it tough! It's really hard to maintain the operation of the entire Xishan Base alone," Shen Moling empathized.Chen Xinian put down his glass and smiled faintly. "Being in this position, I must take care of the affairs. If I don't do it, no one else will. For the survival and development of the entire Xishan Base, I must do my duty even if it's hard."Chen Xinian looked at the two young and beautiful girls admiring him, and he enjoyed this feeling very much. However, it would end here today. He was not young anymore, and dealing with two at once was a bit tiring.He picked up his phone and used the smart system to open the door, calling Ge Rou to come in. Several hours had passed since Liu Ziyang sent the distress signal.After Ge Rou entered the room, she said to the two girls, "Please put on your clothes."The two girls quickly got up from Chen Xinian and put on their clothes. Ge Rou didn't care about their presence and asked Chen Xinian, "Should these two girls stay or go back?"After some thought, Chen Xinian said, "Let them stay for now." This meant that he might need them later.Ge Rou understood and instructed two attendants to take them to the Second Life Chamber and arrange two rooms for them to temporarily stay in.The two girls were very happy because now they didn't have to go back to pedaling the generator.After the two girls left, Chen Xinian casually asked, "Someone came to see me just now. Who was it?"Ge Rou answered, "It was Captain Ling Feng of the Ace Special Forces.""Oh? Why did he come to see me so late?"Ge Rou smiled faintly. "Two members of the special forces went out on a search mission and seem to have encountered some trouble. They requested assistance from the base. Ling Feng came to request sending people for rescue."Chen Xinian nodded lightly. Just two members of the special forces, even if they were important, couldn't disturb his relaxation."The name 'Ace Special Forces' was given by me, meaning they are the biggest ace in my hand. Two ace members requesting assistance on a search mission? Have they encountered an opponent they can't even escape from?" Chen Xinian's heart was somewhat doubtful.Ge Rou suggested tentatively, "Should we send someone to investigate? It's also giving Ling Feng an explanation."Chen Xinian smiled. "Give them a few people to investigate. However, don't send captain-level combat power of the special forces over. The precious combat power shouldn't be wasted without understanding the situation there."Ge Rou nodded, "Yes, Leader."Ge Rou immediately set off to inform the special forces of Chen Xinian's decision.Meanwhile, in the Second Life Chamber where the core members of the Ace Special Forces were, everyone gathered in the meeting room.There were two types of members in the Ace Special Forces: natural mutants with perfect mutations and huge potential for growth, and those artificially created by the scientific technology of the Xishan Base.The abilities of the second type were generally weaker than those of natural mutants, but they were much stronger than ordinary people. However, they had significant defects and could only be soldiers.Ling Feng called all the captain-level figures together to discuss the matter of Xie Huanhuan and Liu Ziyang.Until orders were given by superiors, he wouldn't act privately. However, he wanted to be ready to go rescue his comrades as soon as he received orders.The meeting room was quiet, with no one speaking, each lost in their own thoughts.Li Yue was also the same; everyone here was a stranger to her. Most of the others were old comrades from the army, worried about Xie Huanhuan and Liu Ziyang's situation, with solemn expressions, so there was no mood for chatting.Li Yue wasn't good at socializing, so she sat alone with the Tang knife she had just received, ready to set off immediately upon receiving Chen Xinian's orders.The meeting room was exceptionally quiet, and no one knew how long they had been waiting.Suddenly, the sound of high heels "da-da-da" came from the corridor.The sound was very familiar. There weren't many people who would walk in high heels in this place, and Ge Rou was one of them.Everyone's eyes immediately turned to the door.