25

That night, the rain continued to fall until the next day.

Su Yue and the others stayed in the corner and squinted all night. When they opened their eyes in the morning, the rain outside was still pattering, and the house had completely turned into a pond, where fish could be raised.

Wu Xiaoxiao looked desperate, "I don't think we should sleep well."

Mao Lin also said, "It seems that this house cannot be lived in, but where can we go?"

Su Yue looked up at the roof and saw that several pieces of grass on the roof had been washed away by the heavy rain, directly exposing the sky outside. At this time, rain was leaking. She couldn't help but worry: "The rain keeps going, and we can't repair the house, just wait like this?"

Li Xiaoqing looked at the weather outside the house, and then became worried, "This rain is too heavy, it will still fall next night, it seems that it will not stop for a while, if it keeps going down, we will be miserable."

All of them were listless. Yesterday they were going to the town fair with enthusiasm. Now let alone go to the fair, they don’t even have the energy to speak.

Mao Lin even reddened her eyes, feeling wronged and feeling homesick.

The thatch and firewood in the kitchen were soaked by heavy rain, it was impossible to start the fire and cook. The idea that I wanted to make breakfast to fill my stomach was also lost. Not only did a few people have no place to sleep, but now they also have no food. have eaten.

Fortunately, Su Yue is a foodie, and there are often snacks in the box, which are distributed to everyone, so that everyone does not get hungry.

At noon, the rain stopped for a while, but everything that got wet couldn't dry out immediately, and the kitchen was still unusable. Su Yue and the others filled their stomachs with snacks. After eating, they were about to go to the brigade department to find a secretary and say that they would repair the house. They didn't know that the rain would start again after a while.

Several people were vomiting blood by the rain.

Su Yue felt that if she kept going like this, maybe this shoddy house would be in danger. And looking at the weather, it was not thunderstorms at all, but like continuous rainy days, and I don't know when it will be sunny.

Su Yue stood up and said to the few people: "We can't wait any longer, we have to go to the brigade department to talk about it, let the brigade solve it for us."

Several people agreed, each found a tool to cover the rain, stepped on the muddy water and walked to the brigade headquarters.

When I walked to the entrance of the brigade, I found several educated youths living in another courtyard were there.

Li Xiaoqing stepped forward and asked, "Why are you all here?"

A male educated youth named Zhao Jianwei replied: "It was not rained yet. The house is full of water, everything is damp, and I can’t even cook. I don’t know when to stop depending on the weather. We can’t live in that house. Now, we will come to the brigade cadres to solve it for us. Did you also come for this matter?"

Li Xiaoqing nodded helplessly, "Yes, it's the same in our house. I haven't cooked two meals. If this continues, I will starve to death."

Zhao Jianwei: "Then let's talk to the cadres of the brigade and let them solve it for us."

A group of people swarmed into the large army. The leading educated youth Hu Haibo was telling the party secretary, “The party secretary, our kitchen is all damp, and the grass and firewood can’t be burned. We have not eaten both meals. There is also grass on the roof. It's been washed away a lot, the bed is soaked, and I can't sleep, you have to find a way to solve it for us."