[Chapter 2: The Ancient Astronaut Theory]

The ancient astronaut theory is, a pseudo scientific theory as some would say, but I believe otherwise. It suggests the fact that extraterrestial life, may have visited Earth in the distant past and helped guide mankind to the state we are today. From culture to technology and more controversially religion, aliens were said to have influenced these developments. More importantly, these aliens were said to be the deities our ancestors so called God.

If you were to ponder about it, inscribed in old texts, our ancestors have claimed that God descended from the sky and gifted mankind great knowledge. What if it was just a spacecraft visiting Earth? I mean what would ancient people know about advanced machines. They would have just claimed it to be a flying chariot.

Even so, society does not believe in these controversies. But it is understandable, as we do not possess extremely solid proof about aliens visiting Earth in the past. However,  what solid proof do we have of gods, the divine beings that created us. No offence.

As I flipped through the pages of the compilation, I read through many theories and research done by ancient astronaut theorists and archaeologists about Mayans.

I knew most of these things, and to be honest I have done some research on Mayans myself. However, getting a compilation of most of the research in a single book, makes the whole connecting thing easier. I flipped through and stopped at one of the reports.

Pacal's Sarcophagus.

One of my favourites. It was one of the most remarkable artifacts found related to The Mayan Civilisation, mostly due to the considerably large amount of controversy between mainstream scholars. That was because what was believed to be King Pacal going on a journey to the underworld, looked more like a rocket man riding a space craft.

He appears to be sitting in a spacecraft at an angle of a modern day astronaut lifting off. He looks like he is manipulating some controls and has a type of breathing apparatus or a telescope in front of his face. His feet are on some type of pedal and it looks like it has something like an exhaust with flames.

I read the report written by a scientist. It was pretty weird the way the sarcophagus was carved out. It could have been depicting either an extraterrestrial taking a ride or even giving a ride to the King.

Besides that, the Mayans usualy depict a serpent with two heads whenever it came to traveling into other worlds. One would enter the mouth of the serpent and reach another world when they exit at the other end.

What if it was actually a wormhole sending one across different parts of the universe? It could have been possible for advanced beings from different worlds. I mean face it even humans are almost able to make wormholes. We just have a lack of resources.

They were plenty more artifacts and theories in the book. I read through each one intently trying to get something to click in my head. And as usual there was one possible connection, for me that is, Ancient Mayans we're visited by.. -drumroll- advanced extraterrestrials!

I chuckled to myself. If only there were solid proof. Modern day abductions always have cover ups, not to mention confidential bases such as Area 51 that most probably hold the proof we so desperately need. Those places are full of secrets the government does not want us to know. We are left to wonder, are their intentions to protect us... Or simply keep us in the dark forever as to have imminent power over us.

Hours went by, and I started to feel light-headed and groggy. I was puzzled as to why I was feeling strangely tired. With the book on my lap wide open I took an unexpected trip to slumber land.