[Chapter 8: Plan]

After my delirium in the classroom, Axel and I decided to leave the topic for a while and carry on with school. Later during break, while I was sitting with Lin, eating my lunch, Axel dropped by.

I could tell Lin was shocked on why I was so familiar with him, but I pretended to ignore her priceless reactions, simply teasing her as always.

Axel slid next to me on the bench and asked, "Hey, we really need to talk about you know what and start to plan things out."

I paused my chewing for a while, and looked at him, then nodded. It was now or never, "Yeah. Ok." I put down my sandwich

"Good, but..." He cleared his throat and did a small gesture towards Lin.

"Oh yeah, privately," I replied.

"Lin, I've something private to talk about with Axel. I'll be back in a sec," I said to her and slid out of the bench dragging Axel along with me.

I could not help but smirk to myself as I left Lin with a hanging jaw.

I brought Axel to a secluded corridor in the school. It was mostly empty, hence perfectly private.

"So... Whats the plan?" I whispered, not wanting my voice to echo.

Axel narrowed his eyes, "Well for starters, I think our best lead is the journal."

I nodded, "Yeah, I think so too."

"Uncle Elias confiscated it. He didn't want us to meddle in any further," he recalled grimly. I frowned and nodded.

"But... We can still get it back," Axel added.

"That would mean sneaking into Uncle Elias' study and... You know what that's not such a bad idea," I said, remembering the numerous times I had sneaked into Uncle Elias' office to borrow things.

He smirked and nodded in agreement.

"Well, then it's settled then. We can't think of anything else unless we get our hands on that book. So we drop by at the office later today?" Axel asked.

I shook my head, "I can't. I'll be going to the airport to pick my dad up after school, I don't think I can come today," I said.

"I see..." Axel said, frowning.

"But... Since my dad's coming back, he would surely visit Uncle Elias tommorow. So, while their busy entertaining each other, we get the journal," I suggested.

Axel smirked,"Okay...then. Tommorow it is."

I smiled back. I was going to do something about this and there was no stopping me now.
---------------------------
"Laila!" My father said happily as I ran into his arms.

Even though he has gone overseas countless of times, the minute he gets home, we greet each other as if he has been gone for years. My father was more than just a father, he was my best friend as well.

I giggled has he lifted me in his embrace and twirled me around. He set me back down and placed a kiss on my head. Then went over to hug mom too.

After lifting his bags into the trunk, we drove back home.

Along the way he asked me a few normal questions like, how was school and stuff. Of course, I had to lie my way through it. I felt terribly guilty not telling dad about my situation, but I knew I did not have a choice.

My dad supports my interest in history, the ancient astronaut theory and so on. However, if he found out I was actually believing the fact that the agenda is real and worst of all I decided to involve myself in the entire mess... He might lock me up in my room for life.

I did not blame him to be worried about me, sometimes my curiosity goes a little overboard.

When we got home, my father decided to get some rest as he was still experiencing a jet lag. Mom went out to get some groceries for our special dinner that we have everytime dad comes back from a trip. So I decided to go to my room for a while and finish some homework.

While I was rapidly writing my 650 word long essay, my phone vibrated. I checked it and realized I got a text. I tapped on the screen and displayed the message.

It was from Lin.

Laila!!!!!! How is Axel so friendly WITH U !?!?!?!! >:C

I giggled at the message. She had been asking me the same thing, ever since I returned from my chat with Axel.

But I simply shrugged off her persistent questions, which got her pretty frustrated. I decided to relieve her from her misery.

Oh, relax. He is actually Uncle Elias' nephew... Figure out the rest yourself XD.

I typed and sent the message to her.
I received a reply almost immediately.

OMG! You're kidding. Please, tell me he's not a weirdo like u!

I chuckled at her response and replied,

Hmm.. maybe...

Lin did not reply after that. I was about to get back to my essay, when my phone rang. As expected, it was Lin.

"Laila!" she screamed on the phone.

"You're going to break my eardrums!" I yelled back.

"Tell me the truth!!" she yelled back.

I rolled my eyes," I told you the truth. He's a weirdo, just like me!" I replied,  teasing her even more.

Lin dramatically gasped,"So he is a creep! With such a pretty face? Oh, what a shame!"

I laughed,"Yeah."

"So that's what you guys were talking about. When to visit the library or something?" she asked amused.

I rolled my eyes,"No!... It was something else, but it's none of your business."

"Come on! I'm your best friend!!" Lin replied, adamant.

I thought for a moment on whether or not to tell her. However, I decided not too. Yet another person I had to keep a secret from. By the end of all this I would most likely be tangled in a net of lies.

"We were just talking about something we studied on in the research centre," I replied lamely.

"So freaking privately?!" Lin replied, flabbergasted.

"He's a.. very shy person. He doesn't like to talk about his weird interests in public," I said, cringing at my terrible lies.

"Yeah, you're probably right. He's way too hot to be a nerd. Wait! Does that mean you get to see him like all the time since you practically live in that place!" Lin exclaimed, as the realisation dawned upon her.

"First of all I don't live there!  Second, yes. I get to see him a lot. Jealous?" I said smugly.

She grunted in annoyance and hung up. I wondered if she would actually come to the research centre all the time just to see Axel.

I shook my head. She will never take that kind of effort. Even for a boy.

Then again, I might not even be going to the research centre that often. With Uncle Elias stopping us from meddling with this, I decided that we needed to find a new place to work out our plans.

I sighed. Things were going to get much more complicated.