[Chapter 55: Deactivation]

The Akashic realm, was more tensed than normal. The usual mysterious aloofness, was replaced with heavy, stressful thoughts. The blue lines emerging from the spherical crystal were uncountable, to the point they seemed like a beam of blue light spreading like a hemisphere over the ball. I released my hands from the ball.

It was suffocating, wearing me out mentally. The lines were pulsating in an eerie manner, as if they were counting down to their activation. With every second that passed, the strings glowed brighter and brighter.

In the first few minutes, I was simply in daze. I felt like huge boulders were weighing down on me, and my movements were sluggish. I pushed through, grunting with effort. I had never felt this much difficulty to travel through the Akashic, not even when I accessed it the first time.

The blue lines were spreading over my head like a web, stretching towards infinity, connecting every human mind on this planet. The glowing blue sphere began changing hues. Its bright blue glow began transforming deep from its centre into a hot crimson shade.

The red glow spread from within and flowed into the strings connected to it. I felt a strange heat seeping into me. I glanced at my chest and saw the strings that were ejecting from my body connected to sphere beginning to get red as well. My mind felt weak, violated and slowly, falling out of control. I dropped to my knees.

I had to pull it together. I had to focus.

Suddenly, the string within me that was slowly turning red, began getting engulfed by a bright blue stream of light that ejected from inside me. My strings were beginning to get purified. There were right. I was genetically modified to be immune to the AHM333.

Gaining focus and energy once again, I stood up and clenched my fists. The ever-reddening strings soon filled the expanse. A horrific sight of every human mind slowly getting controlled by a single core of power.

I closed my eyes, and thought of all the strings, connecting every human subconscious. I tried to allow my thoughts to reach every single one of them, hoping to grasp all of them in a single bundle. It took me a while, but slowly and surely the strings began bending towards me.

I extended my hands, and made a pulling gesture with them. I felt a huge tug, and instantly a bright beam of light followed my pull. The beam was extremely huge, taking up my entire view. I knew it was the huge bundle of consciousness following my command. Its eerie red glow illuminating the expanse.

I did not require my timer to know the time left till the AHM333 was fully activated.

2 minutes 12 seconds

I felt the strings threaten to escape from my mental grasp. I saw a few spring out from the beam.

1 minute 45 seconds

I clenched my fists hard, my nails digging into my palms. My head pounded with exhaustion. I saw the escaped strings fly back into the huge bundle.

1 minute 2 seconds

I steeled my thoughts trying my best to not give in. Heat surged through me, as the red light began glowing brighter and brighter, it was almost blinding. I shut my eyes, blotches of colour filling the darkness of my eyelids.

40 seconds

In the distant consciousness, I could faintly hear gunshots.

30 seconds

Only half a minute left, I prayed hard that the guards would not reach me. Just a few more seconds. The countdown from twenty began in my head.

20... 19...18...17...16...

More gunshots resounded, and electrically charged sounds of blasters. They were getting louder and louder.

10...9...8...7...6...

Footsteps were getting closer. My heart was pounding so hard, it hurt. I took a deep breath, and focused.

4...3...2..

I heard a faint sound of someone shouting, before my internal timer went off.

1...0.

With all the energy I had, I ripped apart the huge beam of light.

Strings went flying everywhere, the redness dissipating. The pulsating sphere was now left with an angry red glow. It began pulsating, as if ready to blow. The expanse began trembling. The tremors shook me to my core. The sphere began cracking.

However before I could even react, the AHM333 activator, blew up.

All I could see was a bright, white light, before everything went black.